By Chatons - 05/12/2013 06:52 - Switzerland

Today, my kittens hunted and killed their first prey. My hamster. FML
I agree, your life sucks 439
You deserved it 71

Top comments

You're supposed to give them a yarn ball, not a hamster ball. Especially when that hamster ball contains an actual hamster.

Haven't you heard adorable animals don't mix well? Just look at Toddlers and Tiaras.

Comments

ABByLeeVashe 17

An alternate ending to Hamtaro.

Dogs are just as heartless when it comes to hunting prey, no matter how sweet they appear. When I was younger my parents got a husky and although I made sure the door to my bedroom where I kept my two guinea pigs was tightly shut she broke in one night and killed one of them. At least there was no blood or anything. But when you have predator animals around prey animals you have to very closely supervise them no matter how much they seem to get along. I even read that hamsters shouldn't be put in cages with guinea pigs or you may end up with a piggy with an ear chewed off!

Quiet_one 22

This is why I insisted that my old roommate couldn't get a hamster or a gerbil a couple years ago. There were already cats in the house, and she was planning on keeping it in the common area instead of her bedroom. I told her flat out that if she got one she was just bringing it home to be killed, and luckily she agreed before something horrible happened. YDI. Poor hamster. :(

frizzyizzy235 6

AWWW that sounds so cute :) Kittens first kill asdfghjkl OMG what it wrong with me.

That is beyond not smart. I have cats, and if you do then you must know that they go after anything that moves. It's what they do. Don't keep an animal and that animal's prey together in the same place, then try to love and care for them both. It just doesn't make sense. And unless there's something I'm missing, OP, it sounds as though you deserve it.

ema_stonez 19

a minute of silence for the departed hamster....

you need to buy a better hamster cage... :/