By Chatons - 05/12/2013 06:52 - Switzerland

Today, my kittens hunted and killed their first prey. My hamster. FML
I agree, your life sucks 439
You deserved it 71

Top comments

You're supposed to give them a yarn ball, not a hamster ball. Especially when that hamster ball contains an actual hamster.

Haven't you heard adorable animals don't mix well? Just look at Toddlers and Tiaras.

Comments

perdix 29

And this makes your late hamster's "Hello, Kitty" sweater even more cruelly ironic!

It's common sense that small animals should not be around with cats...maybe keep a close eye on your next hamster maybe...

Mama Cat had to teach her babies to hunt somehow!

You are supposed to teach animals that hunt that things like that are off limits from basicly the moment you bring them home.

DavidKnows 11

Small cats, unlike lions, tigers +etc, don't have to be taught how to hunt. It's instinctual. Cats were originally introduced into the community to rid the home/farm of vermin that got into the food stocks. Your kittens are probably proud to have contributed to your family's well-being by exterminating the rodent before you suffered in an "unhealthy" environment.

Quiet_one 22

It's completely instinctual and deeply ingrained in them- they don't need to be taught how to do it, and you can't just train it out of them. I'm sure there are exceptions, but you shouldn't expect it. Even the way they play with their toys and each other mimics hunting behavior. If you don't want a cat that hunts, your best option is not getting a cat.

Lol this sounds so cute in a twisted way ... I just

cat 101: they will eat your hamster. also, duh.

at least you know they will a mouse if one gets in your house

And guess who's next on their hit list.....

Thanks for making me laugh! :) Loved that comment!