By msmidnight1965 - 22/09/2013 17:22 - Canada

Today, my husband refused to let our 7-week-old daughter have a pacifier, because he doesn't want her growing up to be a "whore." FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 848
You deserved it 4 881

msmidnight1965 tells us more.

We have those orthodontic ones that help with oral development. They also resemble the nipple during breast feeding.

Top comments

Goodness gracious. Well according to your husband most of us are ****** then.

Comments

Make up some bull shit excuse about girls who don't use binkies will grow up with an oral fixation and be more likely to suck ****.

I can imagine the wife pulling up some bull shit study on the internet and the husband totally buying it. Haha

Actually, according to Freud's theory of psychosexual development, it could happen..

#57 Freud's was also a massive cocaine addict..

True. And he thought girls had penis envy. I was just stating that the OP could use his theory as an argument, because he was a famous psychologist who has made many contributions to developmental psych and personality development.

pazuzus_intern 10

Actually he wasn't even a psychologist, he was a medical doctor who was completely obsessed with sex. Hence him thinking that all little girls are in love with their fathers and the 5 Freudian stages of development. I honestly don't know why everyone thinks he was some kind of psychological godsend...he was actually kind of a sick twisted on perv.

olpally 32

Are you married to Peter griffin? Lol. Wtf is with that logic?

I hate to imagine his reaction if you decide to try breastfeeding....

He'd probably think she'd grow up to be a lesbian!

My fiance actually told me that he hopes our girl is a lesbian when she gets older so he doesn't have to worry about boys, haha.

kikimonole 13

My roommate actually told me once that breast feeding was what caused some kids to be gay. She also says that she was once gay but now she's straight...

That has to be proof that God intends people to be gay. After all, she did design us to breastfeed.

pazuzus_intern 10

#109 yeah that's not true. Breastfeeding is not the cause of your roommates sexual confusion.

yesrod 4

That's a stupid reason but regardless a 7 year old shouldn't have a pacifier to begin with.

His logic is totally the opposite of what it should be. Let her have the pacifier as much as she wants now and get it out of her system before she grows up to become a *****.

victoriaescobar 10

Idk about the ***** thing.. But it might give her crooked teeth when she grows up, so it's not all bad.

We have those orthodontic ones that help with oral development. They also resemble the nipple during breast feeding.

It's good you have those! I would watch out for her switching to thumb sucking when you take her off the pacifier though.

She's already trying to suck her thumb when she's hungry... So it might already be a problem. I also used to suck my thumb, so Ill do everything in my power to prevent it.

It's hard to prevent them from doing that because usually they do it while they're asleep and you can't just hover over them every second they're sleeping. :) I wish you good luck with the whole thing and congratulations on your little baby girl.

Babies can start sucking their thumbs in the womb so kids who do that when they're older and as babies probably started way back then

Where did your husband get that stupid idea?

TrinityisLife 22

I took my daughter's pacy away when she was 5 months. She started sucking on her fingers instead. Now she's 13 and guess what problem she still has. -__- Keep the pacy!!!

Babies love to suck on fingers and things because it helps them self soothe. I really wouldn't worry about her sucking thumbs until she's got all of her baby teeth.

I forgot to add a suggestion. Do not remove her fingers out of her mouth. Babies need to learn and explore their body and figure things out. They can't do so if you won't let them. Believe it or not but it's an important developmental step they need to go through.

What's wrong with letting a 7 week old stuck her thumb wtf

My thoughts exactly 134 i see nothing wrong with a baby sucking their thumb. I give my baby boy a pacifier but he also likes to suck his thumb n Im ok with that because like someone else said he's self soothing so i don't constantly have to stick the pacifier back in his mouth when it falls out.

Your husband is an idiot when it comes to that, apologies OP. But make sure you take her off of it before she's two at the latest. I teach a little girl that is two almost three and she always has her binkie in her mouth. Her parents always have extras on hand and now that little girl has developed a rash around her mouth and you can already see her teeth going crooked.

Mademoiselle_fml 34

134, it's bad for children to suck their thumbs because it can cause jaw deformities and crooked teeth, believe it or not. Also using a pacifier for too long can cause that.

This is the first comment i find it right!

So if you breastfeed she will become a lesbian?