By Stuck - 12/02/2014 18:25 - United States - Evans

Today, my house is on lockdown. I recently moved to Georgia from Rhode Island to be with my boyfriend. The state is on high alert for an ice storm. I'm stuck inside with my terrified boyfriend, who's calling it "the storm of the century". I used to walk to school in this weather. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 705
You deserved it 5 854

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unwantedforlife 14

That sucks for all of us from the north but to be fair, they are not used to any type of snow or ice

CallMeWindSock 24

And in the north, 50 degrees is T-Shirt weather!

Comments

I'm in Florida. A slight layer of ice causes roads and most schools to shut down.

Well ice can arguably be more dangerous than snow.

I was born & raised in FL a long time ago & just the mention of snow shut everything down! I've been in VA for 20 yrs & it's about the same here! They'd already shut down schools yesterday & the light snow started around 5 pm today!

DC area schools shut down at even the possibility of snow, but this could be a serious one. But as long as the WMATA buses are running, I will do my best to make it in to work. As for you, OP, if you and scaredy-cat are stuck in the house, there are things you can do to keep his mind off the storm....

MrsNightmare 3

"Recently." So you haven't experienced one of these nasty, humid summers? 90+ degrees, mosquitoes and pollen. Maybe your boyfriend will show you some compassion when you complain about that weather.

gotta love Canada "storm of the century" is good ice fishing weather. My boyfriend is from china and we had a pretty large storm, shook the houses, blew over a few things, most of the door was snowed in. He thought that it was the apocalypse and that we were going to die hahahaha

Haha. There was an intern from china at my school, and when he saw the "massive" 2 inch snow in texas, he cried.

@18 Reminds me of the episode of "How I Met Your Mother" where there's this violent storm and everyone was panic except for Robin. She kept claiming it was considered "golfing weather" in Canada.

Try living in the uk. Scotland gets 6ft of snow usually, england gets maybe 1 or 2 inches. They then pull all the snowplows out of scotland and send them to england (the logic being that since we are a colder country, we are used to the weather). England grinds to a halt, and for the most part scotland survives (albeit barely).

Six ft seems a bit extreme don't you think?

RedPillSucks 31

They might not get that regularly, but six foot drifts are common where I went to school

No, it's not extreme at all, depending on where you live in Scotland!

Damn southerners can't handle below freezing weather.......

RedPillSucks 31

Damn Northeners. Can't handle 95 to 100+ weather.... *I'm melting???! melting!!!*

TheDrifter 23

Yeah, we get well over 100 even here in Alberta. We just try not to flaunt it, that wouldn't be good for southerner's egos.

We get 100+ days here on Long Island, and we get a lot of snow.

Lol I moved from El Paso TX to Toledo Ohio. People thought I was lying when I told strange stories of snow to my ankles and bugs that glow.

Hahaha! I'm from Rhode Island living in Ireland. They have no idea how to deal with the tiniest bit of snowfall! Yesterday actually was the first flurry and everyone had on puffy jackets, I just had a hoodie and enjoyed walking in it. Better than the rain, any day! There are no extremes of heat here, 65 is a heatwave and 35 is "freezing". But it is always pretty cold and windy and damp :( .

Heyy I live in Georgia too! Crazy weather eh?

I've driven a minivan through a certified blizzard doing 45 mph on the highway for a good 60 miles without breaking a sweat. They get a light dusting and they act like it's the end of the world.

JoeyJaws68 18

People in the south bitch about 3 inches of snow, people in the north bitch about 100 degree weather, it works both ways

myeviltwin 20

Sure we bitch about 100+ degree weather (and we get in the upper 90's regularly in the summer) but, the difference is we do not close everything down and act like it's armageddon when we get 100+ degree weather, we crank up the ac, drink more water, spend more time in the pool/lake and deal with it. I would argue we do better with hot weather than you guys would do with a real winter (several feet of snow, weeks on end with below zero temps with wind chills reaching 35 below or better). I lived in southern Missouri for a brief time managing a restaurant/motel. They would get 1/4in of snow and just freak the f out. Cars crashing into each other going in ditches. Parents calling the restaurant in a panic screaming "Send my kid home NOW!!!!!!!". And in mid February the day time high would be in the mid 40's to low 50's and they would be wearing parkas and snow boots, hats, gloves and I was in shorts and a long sleeved t-shirt. No way could they ever handle a real winter.