By slondons - 18/01/2011 20:53 - United Kingdom

Today, my friends were acting strange around me. This afternoon, I got a text asking me to meet them out for a couple of drinks. Because of all the strange acting, I decided to tell them I'd go and then not go. I just found out they had been planning me a surprise party. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 626
You deserved it 52 317

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should of asked them why they were acting strange or just trust them!! no reason to ditch them!! some friend you are!!

Why wouldn't you just confront them instead of childishly lying to them like that?

Comments

Mervin22 6

Lol. You can never be too careful! My friends try to murder me all the time. Those rascals!

Acousticpixie14 6

Wow, way to be a little bitch.

Acousticpixie14 6

Yeah, well the truth hurts. Even if her friends were acting strange and she was uncomfortable around them, she shouldn't have stood them up.

sweetcheeksjvl 0

I have a friend just like you OP people like you never enjoy life. I call him the "ditchess" he bitches about every little thing. Takes constructive criticism way too seriously. Constantly decides to bail because assumingly in his mind he feels controlled and feels self-conscious and extremely picky about almost everything- where he wants to go,who he wants go out with etc. I'm sorry but YDI OP.

sweetcheeksjvl 0

I have a friend just like you OP people like you never enjoy life. I call him the "ditchess" he bitches about every little thing. Takes constructive criticism way too seriously. Constantly decides to bail because assumingly in his mind he feels controlled and feels self-conscious and extremely picky about almost everything- where he wants to go,who he wants go out with etc. I'm sorry but YDI OP.

xmarkstheheart 0

You're really dumb for not just asking or even demanding why they want to go out for drinks! If it was a birthday surprise party, then you're even dumber, since the proximity of your birthday should've been a clue. Are these friends such particularly shady people that it would make you lie and then ditch them? What, did you think they were going to murder you or something?!?!? YDI.

UpsidedownKayak 9

Way to go, OP! You sure showed them the full extent of your wrath! They won't do that again, ever. I can't even imagine the feelings of happiness that have overcome you by taking charge of your life. I mean the way that you demonstrated how much you HATE surprises to your friends, wow, just inspiring. OK, OP, I am going to wish you a happy birthday. Are you ready, I don't want it to be a surprise. Ready? Happy Birthday!

Hidan_fml 0

Wow, not only were you paranoid, but you acted like a total bitch. Seriously, you could have just told them you'd rather not go, instead of lying and having them wait for you. I hope they never throw you another surprise party ever again.

Maybe they did have radical plans with you and you managed to dodge the bullet. Don't you see? the surprise party was just a cover! OP's mind has saved him!

The fact that is was your birthday didn't tip you off? YDI for wasting their time and money

DOEETFORTEHLULZ 0

YDI for being the douche that makes plans with your friends and ditches em.