By Annoyed Student - 09/04/2013 23:09 - United Kingdom - Oxford

Today, my English teacher used the word "interpretate" again. This isn't the only mistake she's made though; I've been so frustrated that I've started a list of them. It's over a page long. I'm meant to be learning things from this woman. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 992
You deserved it 4 144

Same thing different taste

Top comments

'interpretate' is a perfectly cromulent word.

I once had a teacher tell us about how, “pon-ti-is pee-lot had like, totally conspired against Jesus with Jonas" needless to say we had her fired

Comments

Write an anonymous letter to her pointing out her mistakes. Include the list of words. That way you should avoid retaliation.

BlueFlatts 20

He could use a dictionary to go with that long list.

22. Some teachers recognize their student's writing. I know mine do.

It's hard to recognize handwriting on a typed sheet of paper.

Anonymous? Why not show some courage and bring it up to the teacher in person? If you don't have the guts to say something to someone's face, keep it to yourself. And don't post it online. That's even worse since none of us can do a damn thing to help you.

I had a teacher like this as well, it annoyed me to no end. Worst thing about it was that I was in a bilingual school and the school had capable teachers, but decided to let them teach the non-bilingual kids instead. Result: in my last year people were still making grammatical errors that even my 11-year-old sister wouldn't make >.

everybody is taking the teacher part of this as an excuse to write comments that are a little on the long side. just an observation *cough 19 21 24 cough*

oh no! text speak! it's burning my retinassssss

Is that the longer comment version of, "Cool story, bro?"

Congratulations. You noticed something that you have no control over. Would you like a medal?

Her job is to supposably embiggen your vocabulary and yet she's continuing with all this, irregardless of her obvious blunders? You must put a stop to this, OP - she's clearly misunderestimating your knowledge! Refudiate her inqualified teaching at once!

You wrote the word irregardless and no one has complained yet? Wow.

is that seriously the only word that you found wrong? if so, you need to go read more.

nikcruise3271 6

I hope the wording here was intended and not on accident

Embiggen. That's solid gold right there

well when u get perfect let us know so we can ask u all the questions

CharresBarkrey 15

Is proper grammar considered being perfect now? I learned grammar in 5th grade, come on now. If anything, it's basic education.

The reference is to an English teacher. The one thing they have to get right is how to speak English. No one ever mentioned perfection till you came along.

Sounds like she's doing a stand up job interpretating lessons for the class. Seriously though, that's got to be annoying.

Technically, technically i think you'll find that is a legitimate word - although it would depend on the context: "that's not how i would interpretate that post hole" - acceptable "How would you interpretate that post hole?" - not acceptable It's to do with how retarded it sounds when you say it....

monnanon 13

its interpret not interpretate.

I am aware that interpret is the preferred form. However, i can find noting categorically stating that interpretate is not a word, merely things stating it is an archaic form. Thus provided you don't say it in a sentence where it interrupts flow, technically, *technically* there is nothing wrong with it. Hence why i put examples.

monnanon 13

technically you are wrong because technically there is no such word as interpretate, technically speaking. it was an easily done mispronounciation by the teacher not an archaic form of the word. maybe you are thinking of interpreted?

#133 'mispronounciation' isn't a word too.

One of my teachers at school used to call a tortoise 'tortotoise'.