By VictoriaLeavitt - 25/06/2013 00:35 - United States - Las Vegas

Today, my daughter's obsession with Canada got out way of hand when she was suspended for climbing up the flagpole, in an attempt to replace the flag with a red-and-white maple leaf one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 903
You deserved it 6 674

VictoriaLeavitt tells us more.

VictoriaLeavitt 4

OP here. I made an account so I could follow up. For those of you doubting my parenting: in my household, no banshee-like deed goes unpunished. Yes, this was a school suspension, for those unsure, and it was three weeks, which is pretty reasonable. Sadly, this is a continuation jr. high school for kids who've been permanently expelled (I'm surprised no one asked why she's still in school during the summer), where banshee-like behaviors such as this are not rare.

Top comments

She has passion for something that's not drugs or sex. Be proud.

rg350dx 29

You had one job as a parent OP... Keep her off the pole. And you just couldn't do that, now could you?

Comments

Well, guess you know where's she's going when she moves out.

We do have awesome bacon, bagels, and poutine! BTW, it is a pot plant on our flag, not the maple leaf like outsiders suspect.

there is a huge difference between a maple leaf and a pot leaf.

OP, we'll trade you this guy for your daughter. Might as well get someone who appreciates the maple leaf in and someone who doesn't out. Then this guy can go where is legalized!

Thank you, someone understood.we Canadians are also funny.

Look at his name. He's pretty obviously well versed in pot. Unless he's talking about cockroaches, which we don't have up here (unless you have a big problem). He has a sense of humor, but also a serious liking for weed. I'll keep my syrup maple, thanks.

(Ohhh see) does tha-aat star spangled banner yet wave ?

It's "oh say". Were you never in the first grade?

Ok quote "La marseillaise" and we'll talk about it... I am not american as you may have guessed genius !

DKjazz 20

FrenchTony isn't American? Gasp!

outside of the states very few know your national anthem....

smc3106 25

If you're going to try to quote something, at least look it up, otherwise, it's not a quote.

perdix 29

She must have seen that piece on "The Daily Show" comparing Canadian bankers to Americans. It showed that Canadian bankers are respected for never having any banking crises in the country's history. In contrast, American bankers are despised by ordinary people for their freed that has caused 16 huge crises in our history. Although presented as a humor piece, it was quite stunning and a big win for Canada.

Your daughter sounds amazing. Suspended for that is way over the top though

DGED13 5

She could have really hurt herself the school would have been liable soooo they take that sort of thing seriously.

She was just trying to put the better flag up:) lol

Pray she doesn't find out about Alanis Morrisette then...