By VictoriaLeavitt - 25/06/2013 00:35 - United States - Las Vegas

Today, my daughter's obsession with Canada got out way of hand when she was suspended for climbing up the flagpole, in an attempt to replace the flag with a red-and-white maple leaf one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 903
You deserved it 6 674

VictoriaLeavitt tells us more.

VictoriaLeavitt 4

OP here. I made an account so I could follow up. For those of you doubting my parenting: in my household, no banshee-like deed goes unpunished. Yes, this was a school suspension, for those unsure, and it was three weeks, which is pretty reasonable. Sadly, this is a continuation jr. high school for kids who've been permanently expelled (I'm surprised no one asked why she's still in school during the summer), where banshee-like behaviors such as this are not rare.

Top comments

She has passion for something that's not drugs or sex. Be proud.

rg350dx 29

You had one job as a parent OP... Keep her off the pole. And you just couldn't do that, now could you?

Comments

Take her on a trip here. She will see it is not very exciting. Then take her to disneyworld. She will be accepting apple pies from Uncle Sam again in no time.

Dude I don't know what part if this beautiful country you live in but shut up!! Canada is a great place to live, with many beautiful places to see and explore!!

Sure, it has great landscapes, but I have never encountered a child that has said "Wow look at those rolling hills, they go for miles! Oh look! I think I spot a moose on that ridge over there!" No, they want roller coasters and splash mountain. At least I did when I was a kid.

'Cause you know, since I acted a certain way as a kid, that means every kid acts like that and anyone else who grew up with different likes or dislikes is just weird and definitely did not know what it meant to be a kid. For the record, Canada has amusement parks too.

I lived in Michigan and used to visit all the time. The North is beautiful and if I ever get the chance to move my family there, I'm gonna take it. I would've rather had beautiful irreplaceable scenery than a theme park both as a child and now that I'm an adult.

What would you rather do? Enjoy the beautiful wilderness all day (and night), or wait in a stupid line for hours for a one minute long ride?

As a kid my favorite memories were camping or going skiing in our wilderness

There's a lot of beautiful countryside here in the US too, though. It's a common misconception (although I'd think Canadians, being so close, would know better) but the US is not one giant city. The Canadian landscape may have something to do with this girl's obsession with Canada, but I bet there's a lot more to it than that.

Canadians do know better. We're not dumb. America does have some absolutely beautiful country sides however Canada is REALLY diverse and amazing. Don't get me wrong I love me some Disney but is rather spend a week in the Rockies any day, the colours and the atmosphere is way nicer than anywhere I've ever been.

34- When I was a kid, I was TERRIFIED of rollercoasters, but I absolutely loved my family's annual trip to rent a cabin in the mountains in the fall because it was so damn beautiful! Not every child is a superficial idiot that can't appreciate beauty.

You people talk like as if there are no cities or theme parks in Canada. ._.

There's Canada's Wonderland in Ontario. Also, the Six Flags in Quebec and the theme park in the West Edmonton Mall (this is actually the biggest mall in North America, FYI. It also has a water park, aquarium, and skating rink). I don't know where people get the idea that Canada is nothing but wilderness, clearly people haven't done their research.

Lol I love how you assume Canadians should know all about the US. Cuz you know, Americans know everything about us!

Your daughter appreciates universal health care and amazing bacon. Be proud.

According to The Oatmeal, bacon gets its flavour from pig orgasms. Just thought I'd share that :)

As a Canadian I miss my homeland but not the bacon!

211, I'm pretty sure you can't flavor something with orgasms...

Don't forget the maple syrup. We're so proud of it we actually made our 100$ bills smell like it. :-)

_tequierodianna 14

Canadian bacon has gotten into her brain.

Well let's be honest, Canada is pretty amazing ;) I'm from there so I would know

blink831forever 13

Move to Canada. Problem solved.

CFwife 11

Canada is pretty amazing, I've gotta admit!! I live in Canada, born and raised here!!

Maybe she wanted people to think she was nice...