By cnkk07 - 14/10/2011 10:36 - United States

Today, my dad used the stove to boil water. Unfortunately, he turned the wrong burner on, setting the smoke alarm off. What's worse was the smell of burning plastic that came from the coffeemaker being melted down. It's been over an hour, and my eyes still burn like hell when I walk into the kitchen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 559
You deserved it 2 518

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xFullMoonHeartx 7

Why is the coffeepot on the stove?

every1luvsboners 11

The best part of waking up......is breathing in the carcinogenic fumes produced by burning plastic and Folgers in your cup.

Comments

NoNotTheFace 8

If the smoke alarm malfunctioned, you would've been dead by now. News Headlines: Man attempts to boil water, burns house down.

You know what smells worse? Burning microwave. I found this out when my dad accidentally blew ours up. The whole house stank for days.

jadee000 0

Then don't walk into the kitchen!

Marcella1016 31

Agreed. How many times did OP have to walk into the kitchen within an hour?

this is why men should not be allowed near a kitchen. they cant do anything right

Correct. All 3 billion men on the planet should not be allowed in a kitchen because this one man happened to make a very easily made mistake. In that case, you shouldn't be allowed to use a computer ever again simply because you made one moronic comment on this website. That's how this works, right?

cupcakesnpot 9

I did that last week! Ha except I burnt the oven mitts....

First of all; WHO was STUPID ENOUGH to leave a PLASTIC COFFEE MAKER on the STOVE? "Morning dad, coffee smells a little strong this morning." "Yep son, turned on the wrong burner and destroyed the entire coffee maker." "Dad?" "Yes, son?" "Didn't mom tell you to lay off the Quaaludes?" "Well son, had a delayed acid trip, I thought the coffee maker was talking to me and I had to kill it." "Dad, where's mom?" "Well, son...."

I'm trying to figure out why the coffee maker was on the stove to begin with... Whoever is responsible for that should be banned from the kitchen.

sigh.. my dad. he's a genius at making hazardous situations out of potentially non hazardous objects.

balazs15_15 8

If it burns your eyes, don't walk into the kitchen!!

isis_morrigan 18

my dad did the same thing once!