By cupcakechick - 04/06/2013 20:55 - Canada - Toronto

Today, my boyfriend lost his temper with me and complained that my "constant" apologies for upsetting him drive him insane, and without thinking, I said I was sorry. He hung up and I haven't heard from him since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 845
You deserved it 21 213

cupcakechick tells us more.

hey guys, OP here, my bf is an amazingly great guy, and he cares about me very much, and Its just I have low self esteem, so even if I bump into him, ill apologize over and over again, and it bugs him because im always beating my self up, we have great communication, so later that day he called me back and apologized for being rude, im the luckiest girl alive to have a bf like mine :)

Top comments

I do the same thing. I literately apologize for everything and people are always annoyed by it :/

xXHollowIchigoXx 17

Wow... I'm so sorry to hear that OP.

Comments

Personally, I think you deserve it. It's annoying when people apologize for every little thing, especially when it's not their fault. Besides, do you even mean it?

My ex-fiance used to do a similar thing. If he felt like he'd even slightly inconvenienced me he would cry for hours. After enough months of behavior like that, you stop even sympathising and just get irritated. But I do feel for you, OP. Sounds like your issues aren't too bad & you guys will get through it :)

It's. only beeen a day though but good luck

lucky lucky for you, I've simply reached the point where I tell people "I didn't feel a thing" Because where I live, people have a knack of being ultra-impersonal and saying they're sorry for so much as rubbing against you as they walk by :F How was that even close to being something worth apologizing for? ya know?

rokolodo 10

Well, I'm sorry to hear that

Same thing happens wit me and my boyfriend unfortunately. sometimes guys can be jerks...

animeksrules14 2

Well, I agree it was a bit outrageous of him to act that cruel, but you were no better than he. I get EXTREMELY annoyed with my boyfriend for apologizing so many times. Here's what I say you should do, leave it up to one apology... say he says he's feeling down... apologize once... then ask how he's feeling and ask what you can do to make it better? OR if it's that he's mad at u for some reason, dont apologize more than once or twice (if you two make up, keep it to one "sorry" for a while) and tell him you feel bad and wish you could make it better... thats how u should fix this now... go to him and say you feel bad and dont mean to apologize and express why u do in fact apologize so much. I get it, my boyfriend does it to me, and hell i get pretty damn annoyed... but u two need to communicate more in order to fix this.... work on not apologizing so much.. and everything will be better :)

threer 30

You sound like a cute person in a cute relationship.

been there, done that. thought about getting a t shirt so i could stop saying it lol. I am slowly getting better, but i backslide alot...and the more my apologizing upsets my boyfriend, the more i feel the need to apologize. luckily, my amazing bf has figured out that a laugh or joke when i apologize for apologizing is about the only thing that will usually stop the cycle. i have anxiety issues, low self esteem, and a general fear of men due to a bad past, so some times i cant help it....i HAVE to apologize...usually repeatedly. its the only way to stave off a panic attack half the time i make a mistake or upset him. Hes amazing, and we've discussed it. we ended up agreeing that id try to stop over apologizing, and hed try not to make me feel guilty for feeling guilty lol.

EspyPsyche 11

YDI because you're with someone who isn't me, which means that irritates them instead of charms them.