By KatzVKatz - 24/07/2015 21:51 - Slovenia - Novo Mesto

Today, my boyfriend gave me serious shit because I couldn't name 10 Pokémon. He said he even considered dumping me. Glad to know he has his priorities straight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 529
You deserved it 11 778

KatzVKatz tells us more.

Hey, I didn't think this would get published, but here it is! Now for some explanations: 1. I did watch Pokemon when I was younger and I liked it. When he dared me to name 10 first gen Pokemon I was sure I could do it ... Guess my memory is not that good, but I already know that :D 2. He did admit eventually that he was sorta kinda joking. I knew he couldn't be serious about dumping me, but he did take the joke a bit too far, like yelling at me and sulking for half an hour. 3. I do take interest in his interests, we talk a lot about the games he plays and the series he watches, and do a lot of stuff together. We do have a lot in common. It's just that where he likes Pokemon to the point of fangirling about it, I'm the same with Harry Potter and Dr. Who. 4. I asked him to name ten spells from Harry Potter and he couldn't do it, so I guess we're even! Ha! :D

Top comments

The real question is, what happened to your childhood?

Pay more attention to the important stuff in life!

Comments

I'm not gonna start learning Pokemon names by heart, didn't need that info before, don't need it now. I would gladly watch Pokemon with him, but he doesn't want to. I might watch it on my own someday, or I might not, depends on my mood. For those who are saying they would dump their SO because they couldn't name 10 Pokemon or even give them a hard time about it, I hope you realize how stupid that makes you look.

And yet you said yourself that you have your boyfriend a hard time for not being able to name 10 Harry Potter spells... Why is his hobby stupid but yours is fine? Personally I think both questions are easy but that's me. Not everyone has the same memory retention for these things.

Ahaha, no. You got this waaaay wrong. His hobbies are not stupid, anyone who would leave their partner over something like this, is. And I didn't give him a hard time. He was nagging me about Pokemon, to which I replied: "So what it's not like you can name 10 HP spells."

Tell him to name ten things regarding your interests. Like 10 different shoe styles or WNBA players whatever else you're interested in. When he fails, give him shit for not taking an active interest in the things you care about.

My boyfriend threatened to dump me if I didn't like Tool.

Sorry, but he has a point... I mean he asked for ten.. there are over 600 now, and he only wanted 10.

Hell just the eeveelutions alone + eevee are 9 then add the one everyone knows.

You said you have watched it when you were younger, he should at least be happy with that! I guess guys do like it when you can recognize most Pokemon 4th gen and down by their cries alone.

When I name my Pokémon I always give them stupid, boring names like Fluffy, Scruffles, and Bob. You should have just done that, I doubt it was specified that you actually had to say the species name.