By GarnetShaddow - 27/02/2017 04:20 - United States - Boulder

Today, my boyfriend decided he preferred his other girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 520
You deserved it 750

Garnetshaddow tells us more.

Garnetshaddow 30

I am the OP, and very shocked this actually got published! (Though I HATE the GIF they chose... Can that get removed?) Basically, it's a shit situation all around. He knows her from his public speaking job, and she used to live out of state. He met me locally. He was going to tell her they were done the same day she told him she was job hunting in our state and moving to be closer. I did know pretty much the whole time. He kept setting deadlines on making a decision. Pretty much all of them were tied to whether or not she was actually moving here. This went on months. I finally told him he had to pick one girl to date... and he decided because she made the commitment of moving here from another state, she deserved at least a chance. Of course, he wants to be friends, wants to hang out, understands I won't wait but if things don't work out... I haven't heard from him since. I probably deserve it. I still feel like it's an FML.

Top comments

jcash52426 5

And you decided that he wasn't worth your time and you then found Mr. right and lived happily ever after!!!

based on what you wrote OP I think you deserve it and the other girlfriend deserves better than him. if he was going to break up with her then why did it matter if she moved to his state or not? I think you need to tell her about your relationship. she needs to know he was going to end it and that he was cheating on her. she sounds committed. don't let her commit, move away from family and friends without knowing the truth​!! this is from my very much outsider point of view. o don't know the context and who knows what I'd do in that situation so maybe I can't or should not judge. it sounds to me like he cheated on her and you knew and it was for months and she was really committed. Don't let her waste her life with him. tell her. she deserves to know.

Comments

You shouldn't let your life depend on the choices of other people. In this case, you should've made the decision for him. Don't let people play with your feelings like that.

I always say that "if you hesitate between me and another person, choose the other person". Would not even want to be with someone who doesn't entirely want me, **** that.

thatslifeiguess7 16

well then you were just the side chick

Garnetshaddow 30

Please actually read the follow up I wrote.

You knew about each other and let it continue for that long? That's amazing. He sounds awful to be honest.

Goblin182 26

Both of you should have ditched him the minute you found out he was trying to "decide" between the both of you. You should never make someone a priority if they are making you a priority.

lakuwafire 4

Don't even give guys who hesitate to choose you even a second, there shouldn't even be another choice. You deserve it to yourself not go get into that situation. Stick with guys who only want one girl, not a harem.