By chiara - 26/08/2015 10:25 - New Zealand - Christchurch

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me. I spent the day sobbing in my bedroom and talking shit about him on Facebook after blocking him. He ended up changing his mind and calling me, asking me to take him back. Now I have to awkwardly explain to everyone that we're back together. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 614
You deserved it 43 263

Top comments

Half of the time, that kind of stuff does happen and people do end up getting back together soon after as long as it wasn't over anything serious. If I was him, I would break up with you again for talking about him like that so fast.

Comments

Why would you take him back anyways if he dumped return the favor you not in love anyways

...and yet another reason for me not to put relationship-related things on Facebook. Honestly, the world does not need to know all the details of people's private lives.

LadyLuck93 20

Never pour out ur feelings over the web. Facebook isnt a diary.

That's the reason I dislike Facebook (but still use it, such hypocrite). I had to watch two ******* 40 year olds publishing every change in their stupid on/off/on/off etc relationship and it will literally bite you in the ass. YDI for being quick to rant in public rather than talk about it with someone close to you and FYL for having an indecisive boyfriend.

Yeah, social media will totally materialize itself into an angry creature with teeth, locate your ass, and bite it. But, of course. that's only if you abuse social media. If you treat it nicely, it will turn into a fairy that leaves you quarters under your pillow at night.

YDI for posting about what happened on social media AND for taking him back after a breakup. What are the chances things will be the same after getting back together? Not to mention, if he has bad intentions, he will do it again now that he knows you are weak and will take him back even after dumping you.

Eh. I don't know about getting back together with someone who dumps you always being a bad idea. People make mistakes and if you really love someone you'll forgive them for their mistakes and as long as it's within reason things will generally turn out okay, even if you end up breaking up again in the end, so really I think it depends on the situation. However, talking shit about someone behind their back in a public forum is super immature, and that may explain why OP's boyfriend dumped her. Seems like it's he who made the mistake by mending their relationship.

I would never talk bad about my ex.. That would require someone to date me in the first place.

YDI so much. One, just because he breaks up with you doesn't mean you are justified to talk shit on Facebook. And two, how much of an idiot are you that you got back together with him after you broke up? You're such a child, Op.

Sorry OP, YDI because you shouldn't have been so immature about the breakup.

Ditty laundry should go in the washing machine, not on social media.