By Anonymous - 06/09/2016 18:54 - United States

Today, my boss threw a party for everyone in the office who has a birthday in September. Everyone got a cake with their names on it except me. My birthday is today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 090
You deserved it 838

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully your boss just forgot and didn't intentionally exclude you.

Comments

That sucks so much, but I hope it turned out well in the end. Maybe your boss can apologize and give you two cakes then.

Everyone got their own cake (except you, obviously)? Wow. That's generous. Typically it's just one big cake everyone can share.

Oh the Birthday entitlement! Lots of people don't get anything for their birthdays...and you're upset you don't get a whole cake from work. I got a call 2 days late and it was my cellphone provider telling me I missed my unlimited calling for the day. Unless you're a child birthdays are just another day unfortunately.

I think OP was more upset they were excluded, but you really seem like you've been disappointed on your own birthday. Hopefully this year or the next someone makes your birthday a nice one; there is nothing wrong with celebrating yourself once a year.

Perhaps a tad jaded. ;) My birthdays haven't meant anything to me ever really, all my siblings were drama and rebellion so I just faded into the background. Now, I'm so unmemorable I guess, it just passes like any other day.

Sorry to hear that. Life sucks enough that, really, there's no reason to pass up any chance to celebrate. Apathy isn't a solution to negativity.

Gosh.. You must have felt awful. Anyway, don't think too much about it.. It's just a cake, you probably can get yourself a much better one. And, Happy birthday!

My work used to do the same. I remember they would say "Happy birthday to everyone in the month of X" and have us stand up. They'd then read them from a sheet. November, 2011, had life not interfered, I'd still be standing.

benjus 7