By Doortje - 12/12/2010 11:37 - Netherlands

Today, I woke up really tired after a night of just two hours sleep. The reason? The mall across the street forgot to turn off their music. It played Christmas songs all night. Loud. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 154
You deserved it 2 375

Doortje tells us more.

It was a mistake, normally the music goes out when the mall closes. It was just something that'll likely not happen again but was really frustrating at that moment.

Top comments

perdix 29

And all you wanted was a Silent Night. How ironic.

CMoN! What happend to all of the Christmas Spirit?

Comments

Same happened here. :| hahaha probably a Dutch thing!!

mintcar 9

Wow, FYL. Christmas songs are great and all but after a while you start to go crazy listening to it.

try hearing it 8 hours a day 5 days a week since Thanksgiving, so i have no pity for you...

Damn...that must suck. I am curious to know what song it was?

There are so many solutions to this problem, ydi for not using one of them.

you only had to sleep, imagen yourself working with christmasmusic, all day long, all week long...

I understand the whole "FYL!? FML!!!" thing, but this can hardly compare. It's sleep, for crying out loud. Any of you tried to function during the day on no sleep. I'll take the daily Christmas music any day. After all, it is your job. Not only do you get paid for it, but you also chose it. Pretty sure OP has no way of getting away from his intrusion.

#60 actually i have functioned without sleep many many times most of the time because my roommates or neighbors were drunk and being loud, i would rather deal with the Christmas music than drunk college kids! and they should have called the cops and reported it. and yes even tho it is my job and i get paid to deal with it doesn't make it any more pleasant! just saying.

I never said it makes it pleasant, I'm saying it invalidates a claim of it being "worse" than the OP's situation.

Couldn't you have just called up the 911? The mall was creating a nuisance.

Because calling 911 might not be very effective in the Netherlands..

Yes, That too. 112 is the number for them here.

Calling the police for such a nuisance is of no use here. They only come if multiple people call with the same complaint, This to lessen the "Prank" calls. Usually when you say something like "Ok, I am grabbing a rock and putting that noise off myself" then they will come running. But I agree, your life sucks. Fellow Dutchy.

this isn't even FML material OP.... Tis the season to be jolly man!!! Try something in your life that is worth us saying FYL!!