By Shelbs - 05/11/2011 23:35 - United States

Today, I went to get the vaccination my college requires of all students. The nurse looked at my charts and told me there was good and bad news. The good news was that I didn't need the shot. The bad news was I needed four others. Now, both of my arms are swollen enough to make Popeye proud. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 478
You deserved it 3 813

Same thing different taste

Comments

Quite bitching, do you know how many people die each year from not having access to those so called 'horrible' vaccinations. Toughen up princess

Your college nurse is a dumbfuck. You don't put more than one in the same place otherwise what is happening to your arms is exactly what happens. I also had 4 shots at the same time once before, but, luckily my nurse wasn't completely stupid and put 2 in my arms, 1 in my butt and 1 in the muscular area of the lower back on the side. Only had mild pain for one day, a slight fever, and I was back up on my feet.

PoohBearKitty 3

Actually, that doesn't always happen. As I said before, I had multiple shots punched into both arms at around 5ish in the morning when I went to basic training for the military. I had 4 in one arm and like 3 in the other all in one go. They didn't do it over the course of like a week or something. And I don't think anyone in my unit complained of swollen arms, especially not that bad.

Actually, there's nothing wrong with how the OP's shots were placed and I doubt the nurse is a 'dumb ****'. Localised swelling is the most common side-effect experienced after vaccination and really has nothing to do with how many you've received or where.

daydreamer244 13

Shots are just so fun!....well the ones you drink.

95- Obviously you have never had rabies otherwise you would know that rabies vaccines are given through intramuscular injection to the abdomen. Its excruciatingly painful and the pain you feel will propably be felt by the children you will never have. Good day.

Mikeliosis 4

You have your health that's all that matters

laminacourt 1

To "smbridges", #141: You don't get Rabies vaccines that way... or at least not the current ones. Mine were a series of 3 vaccines, 3 weeks apart , intramuscularily in the arm. To the poster: that sucks.

Retarded story, stop your whining! Many people get more than 4 shots at once. I know anyone that has joined the military has!

llamalullabies 0

I learnt this, too! Lol so embarrassing Oh well

You stole this FML from someone else you just added the collage vaccination thing naughty naughty