By DarthVerona - 14/03/2014 20:07 - Canada - Richmond

Today, I went shopping for a wedding dress at a fancy store. The proprietor took one look at me, said they don't have any dresses large enough for me, and asked me to leave. No wonder my self-confidence is in the gutter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 335
You deserved it 8 101

DarthVerona tells us more.

Ok, OP here. The first woman I asked did not even attempt to size me, just sent me to the 'plus' section. When I got to the plus section, she did not size me either, but looked me up and down and asked me what size t-shirt I wear. I usually wear a medium when I wear stretchy tees, large when I don't. She told me they will not have anything in my size in white ever. I should not go other places, either, I should just call and that way I don't have to be disappointed everywhere I go. Thank you guys for your words of encouragement, but I think I'm just going to not get a dress.

Top comments

I was treated very badly when I bought my dress. I called the headquarters and told them I would call the news and they gave me my dress for free.

She's probably just jealous because she's not getting married. Always a wedding dress seller, never a wearer.

Comments

I was treated very badly when I bought my dress. I called the headquarters and told them I would call the news and they gave me my dress for free.

halcyondaze 11

Yeah, unfortunately in today's society, most businesses have absolutely mediocre customer service and the only way to get treated decently is to threaten to complain. Not all places are like that though, there are still plenty of good ones out there

This is one of the major downfalls of today's service industry. You expect good customers to get good service, but no. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. It's training a society of jerks, people who think the only way to get what you want, is to be as terrible as you can be.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
kewpiesuicide 29

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Sadly, businesses can have terrible people working there. But if they are any gamers out there, GameStop has the nicest people I have met and you can ask him anything. Just a heads up :)

Lil_Red777 21

You do realize the dress is tailored to fit the bride's body. So regardless of her being plus size they can still make her a dress.

Some dress designers only make up to a certain size. So depending on your size not al designers are open to you ( i hate to sound rude but its true)

(S)he's a hefty piece of work.

I'm almost 47% sure men don't go to bridal shops looking to buy wedding dresses...for themselves. But hey...I could be wrong.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

3 is referring to the person who assisted op/ told her to leave.

I'm 100% sure, like a veil, that just went over your head.

I was referring to the person who told the OP to leave, sorry for the bad wording.

That's so rude. It's better for you to go to another store where you can get treated with respect as a customer. Ugh people these days.

Seriously. Op, don't let them get to you. You're beautiful no matter what, and I'm positive your fiancé feels the same. That's really all that matters.

buttcramp 21

I agree with y'all! OP, it's their loss! they should have offered to make a dress for you if they didn't have one available. you deserve MUCH better than this!

She's probably just jealous because she's not getting married. Always a wedding dress seller, never a wearer.

First time I read this I thought it said "wedding dress smeller". Then I pictured some sad person whiffing dresses like a creeper with underwear.

Sorry, OP. People are just so rude. :(

Even if they don't carry your size that is no reason to be rude! You could be looking at styles you like or accessories. Cheer up you'll find a store with a dress meant for you.

dyehardxen 19

That's a wonderful way to that store to get people to go there! "Hey, didn't you go into that store and look at dresses? " Yeah, but they told me to leave seconds after I went in. "Hey, sound like somewhere I want to go! "

Wow girl, I'm from BC myself, you should leave a google or yelp review on that store, other potential patrons deserve to know about that horrible customer service. She doesn't deserve to have any customers after that.

A lady who owns a dress shop in my town (also in BC) would no doubt do that! One time I went in there just to browse for prom dresses and she gave me a catalogue to look through because, 'I wouldn't be able to afford the ones on the rack.'

Squeaky_Tomato 14

And I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice ...

^Ah yes, the ignorant Americans, always falling for stereotypes. (Jk :)

Squeaky_Tomato 14

At least it's a nice stereotype :D Though honestly when I was in Vancouver it surprised me how nice everyone was. It was a refreshing change of pace. I'm not saying Denver people are rude by any means.

joeyl2008 29

They just meant they didn't have any good enough for you!

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for fat people. If you don't want to be treated that way, don't eat a ton and exercise.

At least she's not a ginger that doesn't have a soul

meli1195 31

Instead of sounding nice, your speech came out preeeetty bad....

#19 I hope you realise #10 was saying that she was too good for any of the dresses

Lil_Red777 21

Your speech makes no sense. They were encouraging OP.

joeyl2008 29

I'm not sure why you felt like I deserved that rant. I was being nice to the op.