By DarthVerona - 14/03/2014 20:07 - Canada - Richmond

Today, I went shopping for a wedding dress at a fancy store. The proprietor took one look at me, said they don't have any dresses large enough for me, and asked me to leave. No wonder my self-confidence is in the gutter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 335
You deserved it 8 101

DarthVerona tells us more.

Ok, OP here. The first woman I asked did not even attempt to size me, just sent me to the 'plus' section. When I got to the plus section, she did not size me either, but looked me up and down and asked me what size t-shirt I wear. I usually wear a medium when I wear stretchy tees, large when I don't. She told me they will not have anything in my size in white ever. I should not go other places, either, I should just call and that way I don't have to be disappointed everywhere I go. Thank you guys for your words of encouragement, but I think I'm just going to not get a dress.

Top comments

I was treated very badly when I bought my dress. I called the headquarters and told them I would call the news and they gave me my dress for free.

She's probably just jealous because she's not getting married. Always a wedding dress seller, never a wearer.

Comments

Just tell them their supply isn't good enough for your stuffed wallet. Customer service standards have truly plummeted.

While helping my tiny sister find a prom dress, I went into 3 stores where I got the looks or told they have nothing for me before they realized I wasn't the one looking. Two of them only had dresses up to size 6, the other had 8 -10 on a rack labeled "larger sizes". But cheer up, OP, your husband-to-be must find you attractive and the opinions of everyone else are irrelevant.

since when is anything size 6 or above "larger sizes"?!? Marilyn Monroe was a size 16

30- That's actually a myth. For most of her career, she was a size 8, and at her heaviest, a size 10. Sizes are a little bit different now than they were back then, but she was never close to a size 16 even by today's standards.

Places like that are disgusting. They try to appeal to stuck up people by being exclusive and only catering to people who look a certain way. Gross

You all act like there aren't specific stores made for plus sizes. A lot of stores have entire sections dedicated to plus sizes as well. They CATER to you! So a designer doesn't want you wearing their dress. They have a reputation to keep. If you're that unhappy with your weight, do something about it instead of whining.

#30, you're wrong as well.she was actually a size 12 by their sizing. not an eight. Besides, their sizing was completely different. it was uniform sizing, and didn't vary brand-to-brand. she also had a very small waist with a very large bust and hips. Her clothes were often custom made, as well, and many of them were so tight that they had to be sewn on. Ergo, you cannot reasonably compare her to a woman in today's sizing, as she would've been less than the size of a typical model (size 3) and had clothes made specifically for her

Cheer up girl! I'm sure there's one beautiful dress out there, made just for you!

tell them that you'll make sure they never sell another dress. and then snap your fingers like a boss.

And how do you suppose that should work in the real world at all?

I wish I could send you a private message. I'm not sure if sizes in Canada and America are the same, but I do have a custom made weeding dress that is a size 22-24 I'm wanting to sell... I could send photos if you are interested. When I went dress shopping, it was awful, so I decided to find someone ego would work with me instead of being rude. I left several shops crying. I feel your pain, and I'm so sorry you have to go through that :(

I recently went wedding dress shopping with my sister, and I was amazed that almost all the dresses are made to fit super models. I mean, I know wedding dresses are custom ordered, but don't they realize that normal sized people are going to be trying them on, and that they'll want to have at least some idea of how the finished product will look on them when they're shelling out thousands of dollars for it? But at least no one told my sister to get lost. That's so rude.

It's not rude. They didn't have any dresses in the store that would fit her. It's a little blunt but not rude.

Lil_Red777 21

No it's ******* rude. She can still look and they asked her to leave.

xcookie_loverx 3

So, it's perfectly fine for me to call you an idiot? You know, I am not being rude, I am being blunt.

Hey I wouldn't worry about it too much, I mean in the end of the day you're getting married so you should know that your beautiful and be happy and just smile it off..

I hate people sometimes. They can be such asses I'd call the news and the paper and post all over the net.