By anonpbc - 28/01/2015 13:51 - United States - Salina

Today, I went on my first date in over 4 years with a smoking hot guy. The big event was a trip to Target. I work at Target. He took me to my workplace for our date. And they say romance is dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 995
You deserved it 3 041

anonpbc tells us more.

OP here. To clarify for the haters, I do know what a date is supposed to be, I'm not an idiot. We had been planning to meet up for weeks. The date was lame, hence why I posted to FML. But it was definitely intended as a real date, accompanied by dinner and shopping a few other stores. No errands were ran, No groceries or Tp was purchased. I visited a few coworkers & he picked up a few electronics items. and no I didn't buy it or use my employee discount. It was my day off & he knew it was my workplace.

Top comments

Comments

Super hot single guys are usually single for a reason!

xokpxo 12

That is the most ridiculous comment I've read all day

Why is that? I'm confused about why people disagree with me. I think it may be due to the young average age of the FML user but I can't be sure.

Are you sure he was smoking hot and not smoking pot... ?

Where did smoking pot even come into this?? You confuse me..

Because only reason I can think of for someone to think Target is a good date place, is when the said person is so high that it makes sense...

Haha! If OP's in Lawrence (KS), the guy probably Was smoking pot!

Don't worry, the second date will be classier. Maybe even Publix!

ajs1987 15

He might've been testing you. If he was, I think you failed.

mojobanks 8

Hot guy, "Would you like a ride to work?" OP, "I'd love to go on a date with you!" Lost in translation

Hey at least you went out on a date, sure it wasn't what you expected, but I'm sure you'll have more fun on your next date. Keep your heed up OP.

He's a keeper. In your next date maybe he will take you to Walmart. Then the mall. It only gets better from here.

PANDORUM89 21

I think you backtracked a bit with going to Walmart for the second date. I thought they built Targets so people could avoid walmart? maybe trader joes should be 2nd or market street that place is expensive! Hot Guy "$10.00 bag of chips coming your way baby!"

What did you guys do in there? Did he just shop?

mischiefkel 17

Hey I work at target too! :) I probably would have just laughed it off, gone around and said hi to my coworkers, and told him I was done there and wanted to go somewhere else. Problem solved. If anyone argues with that, they're probably not the kind of person you want around anyways.