By Dude - 21/01/2010 11:41 - United Kingdom

Today, I went back to school after missing the first 2 weeks of the new school year. I got grilled in my first lesson by my teacher for "gallivanting around on holiday in some sunny place" when I should've been at school learning. My dad had died from liver cancer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 598
You deserved it 2 940

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well tell that bitch why you missed the first 2 weeks! :/

This is probably one of those very rare instances where you could cuss out your teacher big time and get away with it... after you have explained to the head teacher that you father just died of course.

Comments

spankymrd 0

hang in there during these rough times and tell that damn teacher of yours to kiss your ass!!! that teacher should be turned in!!

You should have told this to your teacher right there on the spot. It would make HER look stupid. I hope you did.

gatorgrl1988 0

my first comment was all messed up. report her. cuss her out. tell your mom to call the school and tell them how much your teacher has hurt you and how they shouldnt have someone that rude working there. she should ask questions before running her mouth.

KurouTenshi 0

that's ****** up OP, GL getting that bitch back

Why are you telling us? Tell your teacher.

dorad 0

this website is clearly called FML where you share stories dumb ass

You missed two weeks of school and no one along the way thought to call them and inform them why? Not your mom, you, or any of your friends? Although your reason was perfectly valid, 2 weeks all at once IS a lot of school to miss and I don't really believe that there was no communication between your household and the school during that time.

boatkicker 4

They probably informed the people in charge of the school, not each individual teacher. That's how it normally works for anything below college. If OP is in college though, they probably should have informed the teachers. I don't think that he is though.

This. Generally, unless you're in college, absences are called into the main office, and unfortunately they often don't bother to share this with teachers. In my senior year of high school my grandfather died suddenly and my whole family had to drive the 15 hours unexpectedly. My dad ended up having to stay to deal with legal stuff and I missed a week of school. My mother had called in every single day to update the school, but unfortunately they shared none of this with the teachers, so when I came back my sister and I were in exactly this position. Assuming that we'd simply been home with a cold screwing around for a week, they gave us almost no time to make-up work, dumped tests on us immediately, and were very rude about it. They shut up once they'd finally got around to asking the reasons, though, but by then my sister had already failed a test and the teacher wouldn't do anything. OP, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much worse all of this made my grandfather's death--I can't even imagine how much worse it is to have lost your father. Try talking to the teacher (*privately*, because if you embarrass her you'll regret it), but if that won't work, saying something to the administration can't hurt.

Maybe the dumbass teacher didn't get the memo. Or just didn't care enough to remember. I agree there had to be some sort of communication, when my grandmother died in HS ******* everybody knew about it. Then again it was a private school where they at least pretend to care.

adela119 0

they were going through a tough time. who the **** would wanna call and say "well we missed school cause of a death in the fam." um im pretty sure dumbass was the least bit on their minds. look at it from their view

luckyskates13 0

first I'm very sorry for ur loss. but two months ago the same thing happened to me, my dad died of lung cancer and my one teacher though I was just taking a break cause it was the week before thanksgiving. I freaked out and got taken out of the class cause she was a ***** and didn't believe me when I told her what happened