By bigbagofnope - 17/06/2016 20:17 - United Kingdom

Today, I washed my boyfriend's work clothes, trying to make up for a fight we had earlier. After taking them out, I found his phone, wallet and keys at the bottom of the washer, completly waterlogged. This is not the peace offering I'd hoped for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 700
You deserved it 7 842

bigbagofnope tells us more.

Hay OP here, yeah I know it's my fault, I seriously ****** up. The original argument was about him spilling his coffee milkshake all in my car and on my purse, but that's water under the bridge now. I normally do check all the pockets before I put them in, I was just in a rush. I told him stright away and the wallet and keys are salvageable but the phone very much not. He's attually really chill about it bc he knows I didn't mean too and I am going to help him sort out a new phone asap. Always check your pockets folks!

Top comments

Sorry, but YDI. I just can't understand why people don't check the pockets of clothes before washing.

If you put the waterlogged phone in some rice it will be good as new the next morning. The rice attracts Asians who fix the electronic device. (This is a joke and is not meant to be taken even slightly seriously)

Comments

What does it ******* matter if his keys are in the washer...unless that get waterlogged or some shit WTF

andrmac 25

Well if he has power door locks or electric start button those might be wrecked being bounced in a washer, and I believe they are water resistant no water proof so fully submerged might do them in.

I, personally, think that he should still appreciate the gesture and not make a big deal out of it. These things are replaceable. It was very nice and considerate of you to take the time to wash his clothes..

Clearly you've never had someone ruin your $400 phone before

Just lay naked waiting for him to come back

YDI for not checking sorry but I'm really not sorry.

Throw the phone in rice for a week and hope for a miracle. YDI for not checking beforehand. I hope he didn't have anything important in his wallet.

always check or you might get wrecked lol you deserved this one

If the fight you had was heavy, the only thing you can do now is tell him everything and buy him a new phone.

try putting the phone in a bag of rice for few days (remove the battery, sim and memory card)

On one hand, you definitely should have checked the pockets- never do laundry without doing that. On the other hand, accidents, even silly ones, DO happen, so he should at least appreciate your INTENTIONS, even if he doesn't appreciate the OUTCOME (which is understandable). The keys should be fine, the wallet too (unless there was paper cash in there), and see if you can save the phone. If not, offer to pay to have it repaired. I think that you're good for trying, just be more careful next time, or try another form of peacemaking, such as cooking his favorite food.