By Yimothemage - 20/12/2016 11:26

Today, I was sleeping in my bed next to my dog. I must've bumped her in my slumber, because she went into full zombie mode and bit my face. I now have a large bruise and bite marks on my cheek. It's so swollen that I can barely see out of my left eye. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 790
You deserved it 1 361

Yimothemage tells us more.

Didn't have an account at the type of posting this, but uh hey OP here. My pupper is about 7 years old, and hasn't really done anything close to this before; sure she has growled if you get near her bone, but this was quite a surprise. After she bit me she was a bit grumpy the rest of the day, but seems to be fine now so I'm not sure what caused her to assault me while I slept. To anyone concerned about the bite it's pretty much healed up, can only see a scratch or two left behind on my cheek.

Top comments

Wow she just full on bit you for bumping into her? People are talking about maybe she isn't "trained" good enough i mean that could be the cause but if "untrained" dog bite their owners for getting woken up i would be covered in bites. I got a husky thinking "Hey how hard can it be right?" well it was hard i was only 16 and thought i could handle one xd anyway she is the entire definition of untrained but she sleeps in my bed every night like she always have and i move ALOT in my sleep :P i bump into her, push her, put my head or my feet on top of her etc you get my point im super annoying to sleep beside. But she has never ever acted aggressively towards me or anyone before she's untrained and annoying as hell i can go on a 3 hour walk with her dragging an old tire behind her and still the first thing she does when i turn my back is to completely destroy her new chew toys/plushies . She's untrained yeah but in the 9 years i've had her she's never bitten me. But im no expert on dogs (yet, im currently getting a degree in dogs behavior and psychology) i guess maybe I've been lucky to get such an amazing dog as her :)

species4872 19

Now you know who's the Alpha.

Comments

miz_kamakazi 11

Ouch!!! Hope you feel better soon. In the meantime get your furor baby a doggy bed. That way both of you will sleep easier and safer.

Sorry for what happen to you OP, hope you get well soon and as for your dog, maybe she just not in good mood but not mean harm

Don't poke a sleeping bear! Lol. Sorry OP, hope you heal quickly.

This is what happens when people treat their pets as humans.

Hope you went to the doctor if it's that swollen. Make sure you're up to date on your tetanus shots, especially.

maybe your dog was having a nightmare when you bumped her. whenever my dog has a nightmare, I never touch her to wake her up because you don't know what she was dreaming about and how she'll react, so I just call her name. that's besides the point, I hope you get better, OP!

Why do people who sleep with animals feel that they deserve our sympathy?