By AgentRarity - 18/06/2014 16:48

Today, I was reading butthurt comments about how girl gamers can easily get dates and find love by simply existing. I'm a "girl gamer" who hasn't even found a date, let alone love. I've been looking since I was sixteen. I'm now 27. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 712
You deserved it 7 846

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can do it!! Don't give up! You are the bomb!!!

at least you know getting married on skyrim doesn't count

Comments

Don't look for love. Love will find you.

I could have written this. I saw that post earlier about female gamers and I grew up playing games. I'll be 27 in a few days and I've been single for over 6 years.

Maybe you should spend less time playing games. I'm not saying give it up or anything if it's something that makes you happy, but if you do the same thing all the time and keep getting the same results, then it's probably time to try something new. You might be missing out on something you could enjoy even more.

NineeCat 32

You probably don't flaunt the fact that you are a female in your gamertag...a lot of "girl gamers" are just attention ******.

stewmin 2

Aaaand you just found one! Achievement unlocked! Will you marry me, OP? :)

I always found it weird how people are generalized as "gamer girl" or "gamer boy". I know great people who play videogames as well as shitty ones. Same goes for not playing them. I can attest though that it's not just an online fad that boys like girls who are gamers. I've met many guys who upon finding out that I know alot about videogames instantly went "wow, that's awesome" and were suddenly alot more interested in me than before. But I guess it's more a common interest thing. I often find myself talking hours with my (female) friends boyfriends about games/science/engineering because their girlfriends aren't as interested in it and they're happy to talk to someone about those things. But it doesn't mean that we want to date each other or they love their partners any less. So to conclude this rant, maybe you should not reduce yourself to being a "gamer girl" but rather try to find people you like through your common hobby. I'm sure there are some kinds of conventions, fan clubs or online forums for your area where you can meet new people. I understand that this whole situation must be incredibly frustrating for you but if you don't focus too much on the whole boyfriend thing and just try to make new friends with similar interests you might just meet your prince Charming.

You also need to be photoshop pretty, ie: unrealistic. So, to get a date sou need to not exist.

Is it really that easy? From what I've seen of girl gamers, it's not that easy. They get constantly scrutinised by male gamers for being "fake gamer girls", for apparently constantly talking about how they're girl gamers, for not being "hot enough" (because apparently a gamer girl can only be a supermodel-like girl), and for not fitting the criteria posed to them by male gamers (e.g. apparently not knowing enough about the history of video games, or for not wearing video game t-shirts all the time). And sadly, I've seen all these happen to women regularly.