By Anonymous - 18/06/2009 13:05 - United States

Today, I was installing the official 3.0 firmware update for my iPhone. Apple's authentication servers crashed. I now own an iBrick. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 152
You deserved it 9 002

Same thing different taste

Top comments

put your iphone into DFU mode, then boot it with 1clickboot.

Aww... I'm sure they can do something about that though.

Comments

Everyone complaining is some jackass who's never even used an iPhone, or they went to the store, looked at the iPhone for 2 seconds, said "This sucks" and walked away, because they're some Palm/Blackberry Fanboy who's too narrow-minded to accept that there MAY be something else better out there, or you're some whiny idiot who is pissed that another phone is getting more attention than yours. Jeez, I'm in love with my iPhone. But it would be unfair to judge a phone you've never really used. Unless you've actually used an iPhone, or at least the 3GS/latest OS, and you still don't like it, then just ignore this comment. I understand the first iPhone was feature-less and lame, but the 3G S has everything you would want in a phone (Maybe not everything, but can you find me a phone without its flaws?), plus a tons of fun features that just totally makes it more than a phone. Anyway, don't make comments, especially negative ones, about a phone you've never used.

Same with me! I can't imagine living without a phone with so many features as my iPhone. I can't imagine having any cell phone other than my iPhone. I'll be an iPhone user for life.

PcGuy 0

This isnt possible, if the servers crashed the firmware would stop downloading and not install

ChefBoy6382 0

no one else had any problems.

YDI for wasting loads of money on a shitty iPhone just to look cool. Why not just have a Sony Ericcson K800i, brilliant camera, expandable memory, mp3 player/radio, bluetooth, what more could you need? It's a phone ffs not a bloody computer.

Musician4 0

That 3.0 software doesn't come out till tomorrow Friday 19!

xpxp2002, we don't want to listen to your repitive comments. This also almost happened to me, but mine went through at the last second. It was the best software released by Apple.

same thing happened to me. just restore and reinstall.

It's impossible to brick an iPhone. Just put it in DFU and restore.

benji567 0

just for the record, 3.0 rocks any other phones socks. ever. :)