By GymnasticsQueen - 08/02/2010 00:35 - United States

Today, I was going out to my car with my sister's birthday present. I slipped on some ice and the present fell to the ground. I spent an hour wrapping it. I could hear the present break. I had gotten her $200 wine glasses. I then had to run to the nearest store and get her a CD instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 503
You deserved it 3 368

GymnasticsQueen tells us more.

Ok, first of all you don't know me so you have no right to criticize me. You don't know how much pain I am in. I twisted my wrist when I fell. I am really good at gymnastics so don't say ANYTHING about that, but now I can't go to practice until my wrist is better. I was putting her present in the passenger seat, I wouldn't get out on the passenger side if I was driving so I had no way to know there was ice there. I'm not rich and neither is the rest of my family. My sister has been wanting these wine glasses since the Christmas of 2008. I couldn't find them anywhere. I have money set aside for gifts and things like that so I don't have to worry about making sure I have enough money; I have been setting money aside like that since I was 16.

Top comments

It also does no good to judge so hard when they are posting here. Obviously she already had a bad day

BrownSugar_fml 5

Comments

Just give her the present, be shocked when they're all broken, then call the company or store you bought them from in front of everyone to bitch, and they should send you a replacement.

rachexl 0

i really hate. when people post fmls. in 20. short. sentences.

Each sentence is complete. I can't understand why that would annoy you. Your example is not even similar to the OP's story.

xd0rkiee 0

She didn't say they were incomplete sentences. She said they were short sentences. I won't speak for her, but it annoys me because they can be easily combined to form a long sentence, rather than having to pause every couple of words.

rachexl 0

yea please show me where i said they were incomplete. i didnt, i said they were short. it annoys me not only because they can be combined but because if you spoke like that most people would probably assume youre retarded. also, i didnt give an example. of anything. i. exaggerated.

The way your comment was written shows annoyance with something else entirely. Who cares how many sentences she used? They're all complete and grammatically correct. I can understand nitpicking over things like spelling or grammar. You are seriously annoyed because she didn't write sentences the way YOU think they should have been written? Give me a break.

xd0rkiee 0

#70-- If I get annoyed over spelling or grammar, then I am annoyed because the person didn't write the sentences the way I think they should have been written. It's the same exact thing so how can you not understand it?

I agree with idkweird. I don't think she posted in a bunch of short sentences.

xd0rkiee 0

Read it out loud. Would you ever talk like that in a conversation?

rachexl 0

Today, I was going out to my car with my sister's birthday present. I slipped on some ice and the present fell to the ground. I spent an hour wrapping it. I could hear the present break. I had gotten her $200 wine glasses. I then had to run to the nearest store and get her a CD instead. FML vs Today, I was going out to my car with my sister's birthday present that I had spent an hour wrapping. I slipped on some ice and the present fell to the ground. I could hear the $200 wine glasses I had gotten her break so I ran to the nearest store and got her a CD instead. FML how were they not short sentences when i just cut the number of them in half and said the same thing?

Ok, first of all you don't know me so you have no right to criticize me. You don't know how much pain I am in. I twisted my wrist when I fell. I am really good at gymnastics so don't say ANYTHING about that, but now I can't go to practice until my wrist is better. I was putting her present in the passenger seat, I wouldn't get out on the passenger side if I was driving so I had no way to know there was ice there. I'm not rich and neither is the rest of my family. My sister has been wanting these wine glasses since the Christmas of 2008. I couldn't find them anywhere. I have money set aside for gifts and things like that so I don't have to worry about making sure I have enough money; I have been setting money aside like that since I was 16.

wearinsexypants 0

Listen up sweetie: By putting yourself up on FML, you are inviting criticism. If you'd spent any time at all on the site before submitting your story, you would know that everything comes up for debate. Of course you deserve to defend yourself, but it does no good to get worked up about it at all.

It also does no good to judge so hard when they are posting here. Obviously she already had a bad day

swantonboy96 0

Ok who the **** gives those as presents, are you like a rich basterd family, cuz your dumbass should have been more careful next time you get something expensive, you should have just gotten her like a ipod or something there UNDER $200 anyways and way cooler than wine glasses!

etester 5

What if her sister didn't want an iPod? And maybe she actually SAVED her money for her sister's present. I saved up around $200 so I could get my mom a set of crystal mice for Christmas one year because I knew she really wanted them. I'm not close to being rich, but I know how to budget so I can have extra money for things like that.

I can't believe you were stupid enough to ignore OP's lengthy explanation of the situation which was right above your comment. The comment you wouldn't have had to post if you had read OP's comment. ...Actually, I can believe it, because apparently everyone on this website is ******* stupid anyway.

wearinsexypants 0

I don't believe you understood what I said at all.

wearinsexypants 0

Damn. that was supposed to be in response to #11.

XxSaddness4EvzxX 0

awww im sorry that made me sad just reading that. =(

Awww that sucks! Ice ruins everything (unless your skating on it lol)

insertnameherr 11

there was just ice LAYING there in the middle of a road?

im_smart 0

Where the he'll did you get a 200$ wine glass????