By Delanto - 06/02/2014 16:54 - United States

Today, I was driving along when I noticed a kid struggling to push his car up the crest of a hill. I jumped out to help him, and he acted surprised to see me. Once we got the car over the hill, it rolled on down. I then saw that no one was actually in the driver's seat. I'd helped a vandal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 416
You deserved it 8 481

Delanto tells us more.

Oh, trust me...the teen wasn't the owner. He didn't even look at me after the car rolled away, he just jogged off. The car luckily jumped a curb down the road and was stopped by a tree. I did phone the sheriff's department, the deputy took my info and the description of the teen. Haven't heard anything else about it nor did I see the owner (luckily).

Top comments

Well you didn't know...props for the help though you'll find the right time when the help is actually needed..

Just sing the jingle: "Like a good neighbor..."

Comments

Something similar happened to me once. I was walking down the street when I saw a guy had locked himself out of his house. Poor fella was so embarrassed he put a mask on to cover his face. Anyway, after helping him break into his window and carry his TV into his van, I headed home. Imagine my surprise when I saw him on the news later!

I'm surprised your picture wasn't beside his.

Wow you jerk, if this is in the correct city and state, that was my vehicle. found it across the hill. luckily there was no damage done other than an indent from a trash can.

neutralize 12

:O! The plot thickens... or maybe not...

chickinblue 12

Liar, OP commented that the car jumped a curb and hit a tree going down the hill. There was no trash can and the post doesn't even mention a city or state

I guess you should be happy this wasn't your car, this one was stopped by a tree causing some hefty front damage. Nonetheless, sorry about your vehicle.

Sounds to me like #46 forgot to set their emergency brake, and is looking for someone else to blame...

Bad luck. You did the right thing, it just happened to be the wrong person to help.

buttcramp 21

at least you know you're a good person! hope ya don't get caught lol

Ahh well : ) your intentions were good.. Just one of them blond moments ;)

No good deed truely goes unpunished, it seems...

Why are you assuming he is a vandal? If *he* is pushing *his* car, why and how would *he* or anyone else be in the driver's seat?

finch01 18

If I were you I would twist the story....tell the epic adventure about how you and your side kick vandalized your arch enemies vehicle of destruction

Don't be to sure perhaps this person was to cheap to call for a tow truck and just wanted to push it home.