By Anonymous - 26/01/2011 14:41 - United States

Today, I was denied food stamp assistance. Apparently, you need to work 20 hours a week while being a full time student to qualify or have a work study. I was recently suspended from my work study for calling off because my aunt died, and if I worked 20 hours a week, why would I need food stamps? FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 141
You deserved it 5 866

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ejejeje 0

seriously. our economy is backwards. why the **** would you apply for assistance when you don't ******* need it.

SirRager 9

Hooray for health care! This is why I'm moving to Canada.

Comments

it's because all those damn beaners are taking up all the food stamps. **** them FYL

god forbid the government would want to help students, while these lazy ass hood rats sit around all day on their ass collecting other peoples various benefits and such just to buy $200 shoes and shit.

Op I feel your pain! Im going through a lot with them currently I eather stay jobless and keep my babys beinfits and money or get a job and lose there help

yeah I was told the same thing and then when I finally was able to get it they only gave me $16 a month what is that gonna feed me for a month...soup...???

though I was also working bout 30-40hrs sweep at $5 an hour

dereklbs 0

how can you pay for an I phone?!? Get a cheap phone and buy food!!!!!WTF money management! don't buy stuff you can't afford!

Raditude 0

I feel ya. I'm in Indiana, and that same thing applies. I've been laid off, and can't find any jobs, so I went to school to occupy my time and try to get a degree to get a better job. I was denied food stamps too, for the same reason. I'll get them now though because I'm transfering schools, and not technically a student for a few more days.

wtfsnickers 1

wow a smart one who figures it out that's the whole reason we have to many bums abusing the system too lazy to work and just want a free ride

It is possible to be a full-time student and work 20 hours per week. I've known people who've done it. You will lose out on your social life while in college, but isn't that better than living in debt or living off government hand-outs? If you don't have money, you need to work. If you can't keep up with a modest work schedule and full-time studies, maybe it's time to go down to part-time at college (if it's available with your program/major). If you can't get a work study, get a regular job. I don't know about your college, but when I went, you could get a non-work-study job in the dining hall as a dishwasher if you needed money.

Also YES!!! If you had a job, you wouldn't need food stamps, and that's the idea! You're supposed to buy your food with the money you earn from working.

jeremy88_fml 0

I had the exact same problem. it's bullshit. I was standing behind a woman in walmart talking to her friend about selling her range rover to get an Infiniti. she then pulled out an ebt card and paid. it's ridiculous.