By gunnerette - 21/12/2014 08:30 - Cyprus - Larnaca

Today, I was about to have sex with my boyfriend for the first time. As things got heated, he broke down crying. I assumed it was just anxiety so I hugged him and told him it's alright and that it didn't matter, we'd try another time. Half an hour later, he confessed that he's actually gay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 274
You deserved it 4 054

Top comments

just be supportive. you may be the first person he's told.

FYL, but F his life too. It does suck that your relationship's essentially over, but if you care about him, try to do your best to support him. It sounds like he's either fighting with it, or has kept it in. I hope things work out for both of you OP!

Comments

Wow! The heat just cooled down real fast. Sorry...

It's not much consolation OP, but I'm actually really proud of you for being supportive from the beginning, and I hope you continue to be so. Had it actually been anxiety that would have been really sweet of you. Here's to hoping the both of you are able to remain friends.

I was going to say the same thing :) You are very mature for reacting the way you did, OP, and I hope you guys can continue a friendship.

Sucks for both of you. I hope you're not too hard on him. Like others also said, he probably tried to be straight.

Tsukiyomi 16

That sucks, but if it's of any consolation, you sound like a great and supportive girlfriend.

Good for you for being supportive when he couldn't go through with it, I hope that you find a (hopefully straight) guy who deserves you!

Well you're in a position to do a lot for him, even if it doesn't end in a boyfriend for you.