By Anonymous - 13/03/2010 19:01 - United States

Today, I visited my family for spring break because I've been away at college and I haven't seen them since Christmas. Almost as soon as I walked in the door, my mom had me clean the living room area, clean up cat vomit, and do the dishes. Thanks guys... I missed you too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 633
You deserved it 3 099

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nutmeg29 0

My mom does the same thing. While I'm away she'll talk about how much she misses me and wants me to come home, and when I do come home she doesn't even wait ten minutes to give me her "to do" list.

Comments

Yeah, your parents are so evil for making you do housework when you come home. You still technically live there and they are probably paying for you to go to school. Your life just sucks so much. Don't feel so entitled. If I go home, I get the same crap; this is what normal people do.

I don't think the point of this FML is that OP had to clean. I think it's that he had to clean ALMOST AS SOON AS he walked in the door. Even my parents wait at least a day before they start asking me to do chores for them. The fact that his parents put him to work so quickly made him feel like he was nothing more to them than another able bodied worker, rather than the son they hadn't seen in a few months. I'm sorry OP, FYL. They probably didn't mean anything by it, but it still sucks that they made you feel that way.

MrFlintstone 5

tell her you had to go see old friends

Time to stop coming home for vacation.

meluvsyou 0

Total YDI for coming home for Spring Break. Even then, you could have told them no and left. Suck it up or shut up.

cutiepie1311 0

that's what my parents do, they show no mercy lol cudbe gone for yrs,but warm welcome home is out of the question...

OP: your life sucks. not for doing chores on springbreak, but for going home on springbreak. Looser!

secretvampire13 0