By MissMae93 - 26/04/2012 01:27 - United States

Today, I've been diagnosed with a severe lung infection. This causes me to viciously hack up a lung every two minutes or so. Not only can I barely breathe as it is, my job requires lots of running around, cleaning and interacting with customers. I have a five-hour shift tonight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 754
You deserved it 2 462

MissMae93 tells us more.

To everyone saying I should have called in: unfortunately my work only provides about 3 sick days, which I used when I had my wisdom teeth removed. As for management, usually only one or two people are required to run the entire store (and of course, it was just me). They require much more notice and there was no one else available for the shift. Thank you to everyone with kind words and trust me, if I could have called in, I would have.

Top comments

How many lungs do you have? I fear you may die soon.

Nothing wrong with calling out sick when it's legit

Comments

Then call in sick. What else is there to say?

I think u would be well within your rights to call in sick and then get a doctors certificate?

franwins0827 7
citymayer 7

It's called a doctors excuse. You should be able to get one if you've got such a severe infection...

bobbed_shadow 5

Call in, your wellbeing is more important than a stupid job....

You know that "calling in sick" thing that most people use when they're hungover or have a hot date? THIS is actually the PERFECT time to use that! Unless you really need the money, and let's face it, if you're at a place that gives 5-hour shifts, I'm betting it's retail and you don't have sick days. In which case, that's totally lame. Cough drops?

dobbyisfreeeeeee 10