By MissMae93 - 26/04/2012 01:27 - United States

Today, I've been diagnosed with a severe lung infection. This causes me to viciously hack up a lung every two minutes or so. Not only can I barely breathe as it is, my job requires lots of running around, cleaning and interacting with customers. I have a five-hour shift tonight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 754
You deserved it 2 462

MissMae93 tells us more.

To everyone saying I should have called in: unfortunately my work only provides about 3 sick days, which I used when I had my wisdom teeth removed. As for management, usually only one or two people are required to run the entire store (and of course, it was just me). They require much more notice and there was no one else available for the shift. Thank you to everyone with kind words and trust me, if I could have called in, I would have.

Top comments

How many lungs do you have? I fear you may die soon.

Nothing wrong with calling out sick when it's legit

Comments

Stop being a pussy and man up. I work 12-36 hour shift on an ambulance having people cough in my face, scream at me, and smelling the horror of a month without any attempt to bath in 90 degree weather. I might add that all this is in a 3 foot radius with windows that don't roll down.

OP has a LUNG INFECTION, you moron. This is OP's FML, not your personal lynching place where you put people down and whine about yourself. Seriously, **** off.

Welcome to the life of someone with CF.

At least it won't last too long, if you are actually coughing up a lung. Should be over soon (you only have two lungs)

I was out from school for 2 months because of pneumonia. Such a bitch, it was. Fluctuated from 38-40°C+, couldn't get an ambulance because they didn't want to send one out, so my mom actually had to rub my back with vodka and gave me the wet sock treatment etc. etc. So yeah, I know how you feel OP.

How could anyone say that he deserves it??

thallpma08 4

Quit being a whinny bitch. Suck it up.

Well if you can hack it, respect. If not, dont be foolish and take a day off.

Let me guess, you work at the Armenian Cafe and the boss doesn't believe you're sick.

Yeah, why are you even working? That seems crazy!