By NewMom1115 - 17/12/2015 22:53 - United States - Tacoma

Today, I used my phone to take pictures of my hemorrhoids to show my doctor, forgetting I'd set my phone to upload all photos to a shared Dropbox account. My mother-in-law called. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 111
You deserved it 7 864

NewMom1115 tells us more.

OP here - wow, it's weird and awesome this made it on the site! Here is some follow-up info: my doctor suggested I take the pics to see if the hemorrhoids were getting worse. I'm a new mom, so I guess sleep deprivation explains why I forgot about the Dropbox account. :)

Top comments

Why would you want your mother-in-law to see *all* the photos you take with your phone?

Don't answer the phone, throw it in a river. Sell all your assets and move to a small hut without power in the alps. That should keep you off the grid and make it rather hard for her to ask you why there are photos of your haemorrhoids on her freakin phone.

Comments

cosmic_peanut 17

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Haecceitas 13
Wizardo 33

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Why is this thumbed down so much, nobody ever mentions the meaning of op so how are new people supposed to know what it means

Marcella1016 31

30 - because it is the first post, so it looks like 1 is trolling. They got their answer, though - Original Poster. Maybe there should be a FAQ for those new to FML lol. They could make it a funny blog like they did to explain the badges.

And OP is something that's simple enough to look up if you don't know, there's really no need to comment to ask.

original post (person who "originally posted" the post :)

CrassKal 27

This situation spelt disaster from the beginning.

Why would you want your mother-in-law to see *all* the photos you take with your phone?

The OP responded and said she's a new mom. So maybe it was meant as an easy way to share baby pictures.

Don't answer the phone, throw it in a river. Sell all your assets and move to a small hut without power in the alps. That should keep you off the grid and make it rather hard for her to ask you why there are photos of your haemorrhoids on her freakin phone.

Sounds like a reasonable plan considering the circumstances.

Taking pictures to show your doctor seems a bit odd, these people are trained to examine you, there's no need to be embarrassed

Some doctors allow you to send pictures of certain, easily diagnosed and treated conditions, like hemorrhoids or poison ivy, to a work related email so that you can avoid a doctor's appointment. They diagnose and prescribe the treatment right over the phone. It's really handy for some and saves resources. Some insurance companies have a dedicated team and that's all they do.

Tell her it's pictures from Hubble Space Telescope showing new Moons around Uranus.

Mathalamus 24

How do you forget this stuff? If I did that, I would be triple checking everything so this doesn't happen.