By Les Miserables is so sad - 02/01/2013 23:38 - Canada - Saint Albert

Today, I took my girlfriend to go see Les Misérables. I tried to stay tough but completely lost it and started sobbing when Anne Hathaway began singing. My girlfriend called me a wimp and stayed dry-eyed throughout the whole movie. I'm dating a robot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 430
You deserved it 15 207

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow. You better never try to watch Marley and Me.

Sobbing is a bit much. Maybe a tear or two would have been okay.

Comments

poodle_juice 17

You might as well shave your legs and call yourself Shirley.

poodle_juice 17

You might as well shave your legs and call yourself Shirley.

Screw her. That movie is breathtaking and Anne Hathaway's performance is amazing. Also don't worry I also cried.

Mm. Hated the movie. I like the one with Liam Neeson. Musicals aren't my thing. Woman next to me wouldn't stop crying. I wanted to punch her. Try singing everything you do and say just for a day and see how people receive you.

Op: Sad violin His girlfriend: Hardcore dubstep music

sometimes it's good to just let your tears out

I really hate the mentality that showing emotion, especially if it involves tears, makes one a wimp. Grew up in absolute shame any time I felt the urge to tear up at a sad part of a TV show, a Movie, a song, or even a book, because if anyone was nearby, you bet your ass I would be getting shit for it all the way to the following week. There is nothing wrong with crying over a performance or art form, darlings. If you think there is, then perhaps you have some insecurities of your own you need to check on rather than making fun at the tearful individual in question.

Well said. I've seen the stage show twice and I end up sobbing too. It's a breathtaking musical and I think it's wonderful when things like that can move one to tears.

MistaBlista 9

Your girlfriend has no heart.

MistaBlista 9
perdix 29

I feel for you, buddy. I completely lost it at the movies recently. Luckily, I was alone so no one I knew saw me crying like a little girl. It was Melissa McCarthy's outtake during the closing credits of "This Is 40." Bring extra hankies for that.

MistaBlista 9