This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 13/02/2012 21:49 - Canada

Today, I took my girlfriend out for a fancy dinner to celebrate our anniversary. When the waitress came, we instantly recognized each other. She was the girl I'd had a one night stand with a few weeks before. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 509
You deserved it 130 021

Top comments

Ouch buddy. That will teach you not to dick around.

StormGirl142 24

I sincerely hope she mentioned it. I really, really hope she did.

Comments

Meraklez1013 9

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
desireev 17

How did he NOT deserve that?! He set hisself up for that! Dumbass!

Meraklez1013 9

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Blackmail111 9

Are you retarded??? He had a one night stand with another girl while dating another girl and this was a few weeks before the anniversary so he did deserve it.

He cheated on his current girlfriend unless they are having a one or two day anniversary dinner.. How did he not deserve that? What aren't you grasping?

riceicle1 6

How's this his 'past'. It says there celebrating their anniversary suggesting they've been dating 1 year+ , his one night stand was from 'a few weeks before'. So he cheated. He's a retard. And he defiantly deserves it.

27, you do understand that when he said three weeks before he meant 3 weeks before the anniversary right? And since they likely aren't celebrating a two week anniversary, that means he was cheating on his girlfriend. Its not exactly "his past". In what world would he not deserve this?

Blackmail111 9

And to think tomorrow is valentines day.

TheFamilyElf 17

90- Yes. Defiantly. Calm down.

I'm guessing by the fact that 12 stopped replying that she realized how big of an idiot she is. OP deserves to get dumped. Cheaters are the scum of the earth. If you can't keep your dick in your pants, don't get into a monogamous relationship.

Jorcar 8

I'm not saying OP isn't a scumbag and doesn't deserve to be broken up with, but I can see where 12 is coming from. Three weeks ago is still the past and OP could have just found himself faced with temptation and feel sorry for his action. I think OP deserves the awkwardness and hopeful spilling of the truth though despite this. We guys don't really change easily.

Hopes_Reprimand 6

We can all only hope you will show such sympathy when you experience one such a "coincidence" yourself. :) Especially one your partner was sleeping with.

Three weeks ago is pretty damn recent. Yeah, it's the past, but unless he's already confessed to his girlfriend and she's decided to give him another chance, I don't feel bad for OP.

riceicle1 6

Where's everyone getting three weeks from? The FML says a few weeks

Riceicle1 - 'A few' is often attributed to the number three, I'm not sure why, but it is. I've found that to be a common thing. Also, in this case, if it was much more than three weeks, the OP would've probably said a month. I know a month isn't exactly four weeks, but it's close enough.

riceicle1 6

Ahhh thanks I was just not assuming :)

themanhw 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I think the dumb card was already played.

mom2pen 4

It said they recognized each other.

Michael_92 20

Wouldn't matter cause he still cheated.

desireev 17

I hope you were called out on it! Shame! Shame, OP!! YDI

It's actually called amrak…… see what I did there.

olpally 32

31 and 63- just stop talking.. Jeez.. Op deserves this totally, and yes it is karma!

tweetbaby14 18

63, you're either trying too hard or not trying hard enough, either way, just stop.

Soooo are you look for sympathy because you're a cheating asshole? You deserve it.

Masked00 4

Is your name Barney Stenson by any chance?

Except even Barney wouldnt cheat on a women that he's been seeing for the long! (Robin)

I really hope that you don't expect us to feel one ounce of sympathy towards you. I hope you got caught and dumped.