By Banana_Lord - 26/05/2014 01:43 - United States - Santa Cruz

Today, I saw the script for the end of year assembly skit I'm forced to participate in. Looks like on my last day of high school, I'll be running around in a rainbow unicorn costume in front of my entire high school and their parents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 426
You deserved it 5 724

Banana_Lord tells us more.

Hi, OP here. I guess I should explain this a little better. On the last day of school, we have a big awards assembly and then hand out yearbooks at the end. Our yearbooks always have a theme and the people in charge do a little skit at the end of the assembly. Our theme this year is fairy tales, thus the unicorn costume (our mascot isn't a rainbow unicorn lol). I'm editor in chief so I can't just back out, and the other people involved are really excited about the skit, so I'd hurt their feelings if I told them how stupid I think it is. I ended up trying to get out of it by telling them I couldn't make it to the rehearsal, but they just switched my part to the narrator. Not quite what I was hoping for, but at least I don't have to do anything embarrassing. You guys' comments made me laugh, and for all the people who said they would love to dress up as a unicorn, to each their own I guess!

Top comments

It's not a bad thing to go out of high school in a bang. You'll like college way more anyway

Don't feel bad, you're living every brony's dream!

Comments

titandesu 14

with a profile picture like that i thought you would be very supportive of this lol

At least they'll only make fun of you for the rest of your life

Stop bitching and have some fun. Sounds like a good memory to be made.

You can't decline? Gotta love highschool

What high school has a rainbow unicorn as a mascot? Are they TRYING to get made fun of by the rival sports teams? Of course I think it's the coolest mascot you could have, but unfortunately most high school kids won't see it that way (it's worth noting that I'm in college where there's a lot more acceptance, and I'm also a brony).

Who said anything about it being the mascot?

#56 That's a good point. I just made the assumption that it was the school's mascot. What other logical explanation would there be (unless the school is deliberately trying to humiliate its seniors)?

Well the FML clearly says it's an end of year skit, so costumes and shit. Nothing suggesting mascots.

Call in sick, start practicing for the rest of your life.