By PeppermintPenny - 06/04/2015 13:54 - Germany - Leopoldsh?he

Spicy
Today, I saw one one of my cat's hairs on my sweatpants and wanted to remove it. It wasn't a cat hair, but a pubic hair that has found its way through my panties and sweatpants while being still attached to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 802
You deserved it 15 029

PeppermintPenny tells us more.

OP here, hi. I REALLY can’t believe this got posted. Out of all the times I tried, this FML had to be my first that got published. I would’ve preferred some others, but that’s what you get for trying I guess. I bet you’re all wondering about my age, I’m 19. Being completely curious about the background of most FMLs, I promised myself I’d do a follow-up no matter what, so here it is. It seems my post has divided the community. I trim! Thanks to everyone jumping to my defense saying that unshaven/untrimed hair isn’t strong enough to pierce through clothing. It has grown a little longer in the last couple of weeks since I’m currently at home for the semester break and left my trimmer in my apartment at the university (I have a seperate razor for my armpits). But its still in a normal range even if I say so myself. To the event itself: I haven’t been feeling well the last few days and had been wearing the sweatpants, that are a little on the flimsy side, for a little over 24 hours. I was with my family but they didn’t pay attention to me. In our house everywhere is cat hair, so its not a notable thing to pick a few of the cats hairs of your clothing. Imagine my surprise when I tried removing that particular hair and I felt a tuck. It didn’t hurt, like some might think, cause I don’t rip cat hair from my clothing. I got up, washed my hands and moved my sweatpants around so it was tucked back in. Not a permanent solution, I know, but I do plan on taking care of it this week. I hope you all understand that I mean I will trim this week. To all those people saying „EWWW, OP YOU HAVE TO SHAVE“: I’m not here to please you and I can do whatever I want with my body as long as it doesn’t affect others and believe me, this sure as hell doesn’t affect you, so please hold back your unwanted advice. On the hygienic viewpoint: I have never read this much about vaginal care at once, and that on FML. While you can do whatever you feel right about, don’t lecture me on what you THINK is best. I like lifestyle advice best with facts that have been scientifically proven. Ratings in the **** industry don’t count. The pro bush front almost has me convinced to let it sprout, because it appears to have a lot of (hygienic) advantages, but I think I strike the happy medium and keep with neat trimming. I would ask my boyfriend on his preference, but I’m single (always have been and fear that I always will be, but I think that‘s another FML altogether). I hope I answered most of your questions. I’m purposly not answering all of them, but if you ask nicely and respectfully maybe I will. Thanks again to those who defended me and didn’t assume I was a unhygienic, disgusting bitch, just because I let my pubic hair grow a little. You’re the best and I really feel accepted here and much better about the FML. Without you, there probably wouldn’t be a follow-up. Also some comments really made me laugh out loud, keep up the good work!

Top comments

It's spring, time to prune the bushes back

RedPillSucks 31

the winter rug? just tuck it back in

Comments

Pussy hair is pussy hair lol. I had to do it

blcksocks 19
AirBusDriver 23

I would have felt worse for you if someone else tried to move the hair lol

It was attached to the OP, so I'd assume it's hers

RedPillSucks 31

Actually, all OPs hair fell out due to chemotherapy. in an effort to feel normal, she got donated pussy hair from randome people who cut their hair for the cause. So, not only is it not hers, it belongs to 25 other people. Or it could be hers because its firmly attached. that works too.

#66, every comment you have made on this thread is golden.

cryssycakesx3 22

Nah, she's German - unless she's stationed there....

Reminds me of that time I accidentally swallowed my own hair while it was still attached to my head. The struggle is real.

lol do you realise it's not no shaving November?

Bush confidence! As long as you feel comfortable and confident, none of these "shave-to-look-pretty"-comments apply. You are the mistress of your own body! Own that shit!

Even though I agree she shouldn't shave or whatnot for reasons to be pretty or to please others, she should at least trim for hygiene reasons.

There's no evidence which proves that it's unhygienic to leave it full grown.

I'm sorry but for starters, it must get pretty hot down there and doesn't get a breath of fresh air all day, so that for one is unhygienic. Secondly, women have periods, if she uses sanitary towels, unhygienic. And thirdly, when a woman goes to the toilet and wipes, unhygienic. I don't wish to offend anyone by saying this, it's just my point of view.

RoseFox0029 22

Actually, we have hair down there both to attract mates as a sign of sexual maturity, and to protect the area from bacteria. If it was more hygienic not to have hair down there, we wouldn't HAVE hair down there.

Shaving isn't necessary, but for practical reasons described in this post, a trim may be in order.

Whereas that is true, we are no longer cavemen, we don't run around naked all day and all night long causing us to be at threat of bacteria.

37 - Nothing you listed actually makes much of a difference for cleanliness (I'm a woman who has been both shaved and unshaved, trust me). If you don't find bush attractive that's fine, but don't go around telling people they're unhygienic for having it. It's made of the same type of hair that a beard/mustache is, do you think those are gross too?

RedPillSucks 31

while i agree with you, you need a better argument, as most beards and moustaches dont get near pee or period blood. unless you're into that

From the very beginning of my comment I said this was my point of view. I haven't been calling people themselves unhygienic. Also, not once did I say I didn't find it attractive. But how can it not make a difference for cleanliness? When you have hair that's that long, and it's in contact with sweat, blood, urine, even sperm, it does make a difference. Imagine having a bald person, and a person with hair, and you poured one of these things over their heads, which one will be easier to clean? Also, the beard/mustache comment is irrelevant, so I'm not going to bother to reply to that.

Trust me, shaving is purely, purely aesthetic. What the actual **** people wash when they have their periods - it's not like the blood stays there and festers. I actually prefer to have hair during my period, I won't go into details why, but I find it is actually less messy and easier to manage. There are so many beneficial reasons for pube hair - sexual and health. Maybe go and look them up?

I think we shall have to agree to disagree. Though I don't think women can pop in the shower every time there's a drop of blood. And I do not understand how it can be less messy and easier to manage, but I'm entitled to my own point of view. This debate is going no where and should probably leave it at that.

84, this isn't a matter of opinion. Whether you prefer hair or no hair is, sure, but hygiene has nothing to do with it. The ****** is and historically has been a self-cleaning organ and shaving/waxing all the hair off actually makes you more susceptible to infection and STDs. No opinions. Science. Do your research before running your mouth please

You're all a stubborn lot and don't seem to want to drop it. I never mentioned waxing, I mentioned shaving and TRIMMING, being trimmed still protects you from STDs and whatnot, and I'll repeat myself again, I was talking about everyday cleanliness, not STDs. And I was talking about pubic hair, not the self-cleaning organ, so is a matter of opinion. Also I'll run my mouth whenever I wish to, thank you.

"I declare myself beautiful" doesn't mean anyone else agrees. That's where all this tumblr bs has a discontinuity in the real world

Actually 47, more bacteria is at risk with the hair and the seepage it likely collects. You'd know if you ever went down on a smelly bush.

lady_lipz 7

why would you go down on a smelly bush, though??

105- If it was smelly, that was either because a) all vaginas have a bit of natural odor, or b) she hadn't showered recently. The hair had nothing to do with it.