This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By ohno - 19/02/2017 16:00 - United States - Decatur

Today, my partner scolded my son and reminded him to, "use his big boy words" after he compared his finger painting to a nebula. I married a doofus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 472
You deserved it 928

Top comments

Wait, so your son did a finger painting, compared it to a nebula, and your partner scolded him for not using "big boy words?" So...not only does your partner not know that nebula is a word, apparantly, he also somehow assumed that it was baby talk and scolded your son for it? What kind of mental midgit thinks "nebula...i don't know that word...must be a made-up baby word...bad kid!"

"Today, my dad scolded me for using the word "nebula" to describe my finger painting saying I should use my "big boy words". FML"

Comments

Wait, so your son did a finger painting, compared it to a nebula, and your partner scolded him for not using "big boy words?" So...not only does your partner not know that nebula is a word, apparantly, he also somehow assumed that it was baby talk and scolded your son for it? What kind of mental midgit thinks "nebula...i don't know that word...must be a made-up baby word...bad kid!"

Not to mention scolding a small child for using made-up words is kind of stupid to begin with..

"Today, my dad scolded me for using the word "nebula" to describe my finger painting saying I should use my "big boy words". FML"

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Either you knew he was an idiot before you married him or you didn't even really know him at all. Either way you married him so I'm going with you deserve it. Your son however, definitely does not deserve it and he is the real victim here. I feel very sorry for him.

How do people end up being in a situation where they marry someone and then find out they're a "doofus"? Genuinely curious.

TabooSushi 24

Some people are very good at hiding their true colors until the other person is neatly snared in the trap of marriage/children.

jcash52426 5

What the hell does use your boys word mean?

alternative-facts 6

dictionary.com. Look it up yourself.

alternative-facts 6

"Nebula" is a fantastic word for a young kid to know! I'm assuming he's quite young, since he's finger-painting. Your partner is an idiot, and you need to make sure that he doesn't suffocate your son's obvious intelligence. Make sure you praise your kid for his great vocabulary!

YOUR PARTNER IS ABUSIVE- and you're ok with that? GFTO

"Abusive." Because he told a little kid to use big kid words? Wtf does "abusive" mean to you, exactly? Because whatever it is, it's clearly not the same thing as what that word actually means.

So start going for partners who have high IQ's, instead of focusing on them being physically attractive but empty in their brain, and then you wont wind up poor, with embarrassing and unfortunate situations like this, with dumb children on top of it. IQ is genetic, just like height or muscles are