By midnightsun1143 - 24/11/2013 08:32 - United States - New Braunfels

Today, I realized my wedding ring had fallen off while doing yard work the previous day. Luckily, I only worked in a few areas, so I had high hopes of finding it. That is until a storm came through, blew half a foot of leaves all over the property, and then froze them with sleet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 527
You deserved it 5 222

youdon'tknowme tells us more.

youdon'tknowme 9

OP here! The ring had always been so tight that I couldn't get it off, but I guess loosing baby weight combined with the cold weather, my finger shrunk enough. I agree with commenters... I found it extremely odd that I didn't notice... Maybe a case of missing limb syndrome but with a ring? Anyhow, after spending a morning raking the leaves in freezing rain, I FOUND IT! An FML win! (Oh, and #55 sleet does freeze leaves when you live in Texas and the ground is warm enough to melt the sleet but the wind cold enough to re-freeze it. But we can compromise and say we are both right because it has been alternating between freezing rain and sleet for a little while now). WIN!

Comments

oj101 33

Next time, whenever you do work, take off your ring and store it in a box, or put it on a necklace.

fucMyLifeSoHard 18

OP may have just forgotten this one time.

Mother Nature. She's as cold as ice, willing to sacrifice your love.

beaverteaser 16

Might want to get it resized if it falls off that easy.

Well, it probably was very cold out. That might be why it came off so easily.

This should be easy with a metal detector.

Girlie7 11

Steal ur wife s ring....so she can get mad at you and both of you can exchange rings again.....

That is some powerful gaydar you have there 24!

Wizardo 33

First the sea and now the Earth? Damn this ring is way too big for your fingers...

I second yea for metal detectors and yea for no sleet frozen covered yard thirty miles west of Dallas !