By fleckney26 - 05/05/2015 17:09 - United Kingdom - Leicester

Today, I realised I've been depressed about my recent break up for longer than the relationship even lasted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 750
You deserved it 5 985

fleckney26 tells us more.

Op here, first of all, thanks for the support. Mostly. It's not actual depression, just feeling rather miserable about it all, especially as many of my friends are all in happy relationships that I see every day. We dated for just over three months, and I guess the main reason I'm still upset is that she was my first proper girlfriend, first kiss, and at the risk of sounding a bit too pathetic, my first love. To those saying that I should get out and find a hobby, I do. I play the French horn in and out of school, and I'm in the Air Training Corps, which takes up nearly all my free time. The only problem is, she does exactly the same, so I still see her every day and we regularly have camps together, so it's hard to avoid her. Saying that, we are still friends, and the break up was very calm, so there are no hard feeling between us. Anyway, sorry for the long comment, and thanks for getting this posted!

Top comments

bettyc4 26

My cheese burger lasted 5 min. My fat lasted 5 months. That's just how things work.

It obviously isn't worth being upset about just pick yourself up and move on :)

Comments

I know how you feel. It will pass soon!! Be positive about things!

Catlover1130 14

I still have feelings for a guy I dated 3 and a half years ago. Don't feel bad.

So now you're being depressed about being depressed. That's deep, man.

And now due to that post I realized I too, spent 9 months depressed, while the relationship was 8....wow wtf

wwesimmer 2

When I went through my first break up I searched for advice to help deal with the pain; I ran across a psychologist who said it takes twice as long to get over someone as it did to fall for them. Don't know if it's true but don't feel bad about the grieving process, it's different for every break up.

So you've been depressed for 10 minutes

i have been too. but she came back into my life and tried to start something again and that made me feel even worse. we got into a fight and i lost some friends because of it. that was just a few weeks ago. we broke up in august

Get out and do stuff, find a hobby, hang out with friends, that will help take your mind off of your break up, you'll have fun, and maybe even meet a possible new significant other, while making new friends!

I've felt a similar problem OP. Lasted a week and didn't get over it for almost 6 months. Just keep your chin up and try not to think about her