By NotEnoughCleaner - 12/11/2009 17:30 - United Kingdom

Today, I realised I hate my cat. She has 'stress incontinence', which involved her peeing all over my house. Last week I found out she'd been peeing on my stove, and I can't clean off the smell. Now whenever I try to cook some food, the kitchen is flooded with the scent of burning cat pee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 474
You deserved it 5 685

midgie tells us more.

Oh, she's been to the vet. Lots. And apparently, unlike in humans, cat 'stress incontinence' isn't the kind where you pee when you sneeze, but the kind where you pee everywhere when you're stressed. Why is she stressed? We think she freaked out when my husband worked away from home for a few weeks. Why isn't she better - dunno! She has meds. from the vet to help her. I can't keep her out of the kitchen, due to the design of my funny, v. old, house the kitchen doesn't have a door to close it off from the rest of the house. Also her cat-flap (kitty door) is in the front door, which opens onto ...the kitchen. And she's been peeing under my bed... I've now thoroughly run out of tolerance for cat pee, hence the hatred...

Top comments

I've always wondered what the scent of burning cat pee is like. In some Asian cultures burning cat pee is used for aromatherapy. Consider yourself lucky that you have a cat that is aware of this fact. Your own little aroma therapist!

PhillyGirl2 0

um, ew. but you shouldnt hate her, its not her fault. you should have trained her and possibly have her spayed (if thats the actual problem, usually its only with males tho)

Comments

That really sucks Does the food you cook with the stove taste like cat piss? Just wondering

You need BLEACH!!!! BLEACH is the ONLY thing I find that works...

MermaidSongXOXO 6

like #35 said, that is a BAD idea. Bleach and the ammonia from cat pee getting mixed will result in poisonous chlorine.

i wud pucnh my cat right in his stupid little face if he did that

palmtrees 1

Then I hope to god you don't have any pets whatsoever...

PJW1953 0

That would be the end. Pets don't **** or $$$$ where people prepare or eat food. Get rid of it, how long are you going to be a servent to an effing cat?

if your cat still gets on the counters, then yell very loudly at him "NO!" cats hate loud noises so this actually works. either that or fill up a spray bottle and squirt him when he gets up there. he'll come down so fast he'll knock stuff over getting down. bit by bit, this will train him, so keep at it

Son of a bitch! This really sucks... It will be easier to just move.

I had a cat that did that... turns out he was riddled with cancer and we had to put him down :( You should take him to the vet!

hikarikira 0

my cat did this for 2 years and we tried EVERYTHING. finally he got prescribed prozac and he has not had an accident since! its in a gel we rub on his ears once a day.

OP is retarded. If she tried taking apart her stove and cleaning it with say, BAKING SODA, instead of posting it to FML, she'd be ok.