By NotEnoughCleaner - 12/11/2009 17:30 - United Kingdom

Today, I realised I hate my cat. She has 'stress incontinence', which involved her peeing all over my house. Last week I found out she'd been peeing on my stove, and I can't clean off the smell. Now whenever I try to cook some food, the kitchen is flooded with the scent of burning cat pee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 474
You deserved it 5 685

midgie tells us more.

Oh, she's been to the vet. Lots. And apparently, unlike in humans, cat 'stress incontinence' isn't the kind where you pee when you sneeze, but the kind where you pee everywhere when you're stressed. Why is she stressed? We think she freaked out when my husband worked away from home for a few weeks. Why isn't she better - dunno! She has meds. from the vet to help her. I can't keep her out of the kitchen, due to the design of my funny, v. old, house the kitchen doesn't have a door to close it off from the rest of the house. Also her cat-flap (kitty door) is in the front door, which opens onto ...the kitchen. And she's been peeing under my bed... I've now thoroughly run out of tolerance for cat pee, hence the hatred...

Top comments

I've always wondered what the scent of burning cat pee is like. In some Asian cultures burning cat pee is used for aromatherapy. Consider yourself lucky that you have a cat that is aware of this fact. Your own little aroma therapist!

PhillyGirl2 0

um, ew. but you shouldnt hate her, its not her fault. you should have trained her and possibly have her spayed (if thats the actual problem, usually its only with males tho)

Comments

If she has stress induced incontinence, how about you try, I don't know, REDUCING her stress. It can be the simplest things that stress cats out -- lack of a schedule (are you away from home for long periods of time? Does she eat at the same time every day? Cats are creature of habit, and freak out when things don't happen on a schedule), a dirty litter box, not enough toys to play with, not enough space, a recent change (new roommate, boyfriend, move, etc.). There are a ton of books that advise how to reduce stress in cats, and sometimes all it takes is a little effort on your part, and the problem clears up. Also, you say SHE, which is the operative gender. A male cat, once he gets into a spraying habit, it generally can't be broken (depending on age). But if your female cat is the one peeing, it's definitely something you're doing, and something in her environment. It's fixable. Don't hate your cat. It's probably your fault.

cats are stupid. you should have it put to sleep.

sounds like you have a new outside cat!

biggecko 4

That must work up your apitite

theBadGuy37 9

YDI, for having a cat. And all you wah-babies who are throwing a fit over the anti-cat comments are dumb. Get a new stove? Seriously? No, get rid of your cat. Train the cat better? Cats are stupid, and untrainable. Grow up people, and get a real pet that serves a purpose other than being annoying.

Floyd4Ever 0

what do cats have to stress over? all they do is eat, chase vermin, and sleep in the sun all day...

dont hate the cat hate yourself for buying the cat

Must have been one wet pussy......CAT!

missbadluk 0

Um make her an outside cat. Duh. Just a thought. YDI

You should treat your pets the way you would treat a loved one. Accept the things they have no control over, and love them anyway. It's not fair for you to "hate her" just because she does something that's not her fault (and she probably doesn't enjoy doing it either). Asshole.