By ifeelsoloved - 09/04/2015 06:25 - United States - Monroe

Today, I overheard a large group of my friends and acquaintances making spontaneous plans to go see a movie that afternoon. I was the only person not invited. Normally I would have believed their excuse that they thought I was "sick at home", except I was sitting a few feet away the entire time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 040
You deserved it 2 731

ifeelsoloved tells us more.

I didn't have enough room to tell the full story, but yeah... I'm pretty shy :/ I can talk to strangers and people fine and introduce myself to people, and I like to think I'm a nice person to be around, but I hate "inconvieniencing people" so I was scared to go over and ask if I could come too cause I thought my presence would make things awkward and ruin it for everyone... yeah. My parents got mad at me too when I told them, but I'm just really socially awkward so that happens a lot. Also, they're just a really close group of friends with all the same classes, etc and I'm just sort of that weird outlier lol. Most of the people in the group were acquiantances who I talked to occasionally but weren't very close to, though there were a couple of friends I was closer with a couple years ago when neither of us really had friends then I am now. And honestly, those "friends" definitely use me and take more than they give; they come to me for a shoulder to cry on and a secret-keeper to rant to but don't really talk to me otherwise... I'm the last resort :( I definitely recognize that they aren't he healthiest relationships, and I would disassociate myself from them altogether, but I honestly don't have anyone else ;-; Better to have half-friends than no one, reputation wise... Plus, I'm transferring to a new school this year so yay for fresh starts! I'm just staying optimistic that I'll find some... more faithful friends I guess. Thank you to the people who posted nice messages, I honestly needed that :)

Top comments

You should have told them you were, in fact, sick. Sick of their bullshit

Time to go home and watch UNLIMITED movies with Netflix... Where you can now watch ALL the Friends you want. Also people suck.

Comments

If they're like that you don't need them, find better people to hang out with and go see the same movie

I think you should find new people to hangout with.

New friends is definitely a good option, sorry about that.

That sad . I would confront them. Stand up for yourself , you deserve to be treated equally .

Delsanity 13

You shouldn't even bother to go out with them.

I know it's hard for some people to make new friends, but shit...those 'friends' of yours aren't even worth the time if that's how they treat you

I've been through the same shit in the past. .you definitely want to avoid them like they avoid you. Time will come when you're going to find good friends who will invite you in all the gigs and hangouts.

Steffi3 40

Maybe next time instead of sitting a few feet away, join in making plans?

That's what I thought! If someone wants to be included in plans wouldn't they go up and join in the conversation? I know it's hard for particularly shy people, but friendship is a two way street and all that.

Screw them. They don't deserve you. or check yourself. Either way, y'all not meant for each other.

I'm going to tell you right now that these people are not your friends. I had very similar experiences with the group of false friends I had in high school all the way through college and into my twenties. I refused to see that they were jerks and took there abuse. I was a fool. Once they all disappeared for a whole weekend. I couldn't find a single person to hang out with. It turns out they had went camping and didn't invite me. When I confronted them their excuse was that I wouldn't of had fun. I love camping, and they new it. You deserve real friends who will like spending time with you and treat you with respect.

AHHH I accidentally dow voted you. I did not mean to, I actually really agree with your comment! I'm sorry.