By SexxiKitty - 19/12/2015 22:45 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I mistook a tree in my back yard as an intruder and called the police. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 407
You deserved it 10 223

SexxiKitty tells us more.

SexxiKitty 20

Hey everyone! OP here hoping to give you all some clarity! First off, I wasn't high but I was tired and I wasn't wearing my glasses. I live on a farm in the middle of bumble-**** nowhere and we have a small tree, about 5'6" tall, a little ways off our back porch. It was about 2:00 a.m. and my young daughter had gotten sick on her sheets so I was running to put them in the washing machine (which is in the barn) so that they wouldn't stain. I heard a rustling sound and I thought I saw a person moving out of the corner of my eye. Without my glasses and the fact that it was really dark mixed with my overall anxiety because my husband wasn't home caused me to drop the sheets and run back into the house to protect my kids. I know it's stupid and really horrible that I wasted precious resources on something so trivial but I was terrified. My husband is the head of a very small drug task force and even though we live in a pretty sleepy town, he still gets threats now and again. Furthermore we recently moved from Sacramento because I was almost kidnapped about 2 years ago while I was walking home from the park with my kids and I didn't want to take ANY chances. I was treated with respect by the great officers who came out and my husband was immediately notified. He wasn't able to come home right away but one of his off duty officers came by and stayed on the couch the rest of the night. Thank you all for the well wishes and I appreciate all the great puns!! :)

Top comments

You should've called the tree removal company. Police aren't properly trained in that.

Better safe than sorry. You'd be in a much worse situation if it were an intruder and you assumed it was a tree. I'm sure the police get these kind of calls all the time, so no worries.

Comments

Was it really late at night? This happened to me once when I was really tired and it was dark outside.

Kind of easily. OP mistook the tree as an intruder and called the police.

Better safe than sorry. You'd be in a much worse situation if it were an intruder and you assumed it was a tree. I'm sure the police get these kind of calls all the time, so no worries.

Plant life can intrude. Remember, when centuries count, the police are only minutes away.

You should've called the tree removal company. Police aren't properly trained in that.

I mean, if a strange tree suddenly appeared in my yard, I'd be worried too.

It's good that you called the cops just to be on the safe side. When it's extremely dark out, I myself also tend to confused objects and people. I once was walking home at night and got scared when I mistook my mailbox for a stranger standing.

Badkarma4u 17

No its not ok. The ploice department is not your daddy. Its not there to calm you down if you hear something go bump in the night. Get a flashlight and have a look. Unless your neighborhood is plagued with roving bands of killers that murder people in their own backyards on sight. The odds of it being someone to harm you are very slim.

ooh, sorry dude, I meant to upvote that, not downvote, and now I can't change it :-(

I think it's time to pay the eye doctor a visit.

If you're able to convince the cop too, you might be able to get your entire lawn remodeled as officers detain each intruder.