By Pretty_Pisces - 06/04/2016 19:16 - United States - Cincinnati

Today, I met my downstairs neighbor after she repeatedly banged on my floor as a way to quiet me down. I guess I'm not allowed to walk on my floor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 829
You deserved it 1 341

Pretty_Pisces tells us more.

Hey guys this is my FML! Anyway my neighbor downstairs has been trouble since I moved in. My 1 year old can't play with his toys and I can't so much as breathe without her acting passive aggressively toward me. I guess I should give her the benefit of the doubt because the unit above hers was empty for so long? But I met her at the mailbox the other day and told her as much as I tried to be quiet, I'm not dead. I will make a little noise since we live in an older complex. She hasn't really bothered me since then. Thanks for reading!

Top comments

I guess those ninja classes don't seem so unnecessary now do they?

sucks op, and she could have just asked politely. still, people do walk around like they're elephants these days. ~.~

Comments

Just walking is fine and your neighbor is ridiculous and not dealing with it in an adult manner. I live on the first floor of an apartment and had a neighbor above me who let their child run for about 12 hours a day going past midnight. Even their upstairs neighbors on the third floor were bothered by all the noise.

I've lived above and below people. As long as nobody is doing jumping jacks, I'm pretty okay with the amount of "people living" noise they make.

mds9986 24

Try microwaving a spider and letting it bite you. You'll become Spider-Man and you can crawl on the walls. Trust me this works. I have no reason to lie.

Some people are just heavy-footed when they walk and don't realize it. My step sis is a small person and it sounds like there's an earthquake every time she walks to the kitchen. Although this could be because she goes through any length to receive attention, positive or negative.

"Sorry, I meant to warn you that I use my legs and feet to get to the other room. I'll try to be more considerate."

I believe that you are living above Mr. Heckles in female form.

Hey guys this is my FML! Anyway my neighbor downstairs has been trouble since I moved in. My 1 year old can't play with his toys and I can't so much as breathe without her acting passive aggressively toward me. I guess I should give her the benefit of the doubt because the unit above hers was empty for so long? But I met her at the mailbox the other day and told her as much as I tried to be quiet, I'm not dead. I will make a little noise since we live in an older complex. She hasn't really bothered me since then. Thanks for reading!

mariri9206 32

Empty unit for so long or not, she shouldn't have acted like that to you. When you live in a complex, there's bound to be noise. I live in a townhouse style complex where the units are next to each other, not above and below, but one of my neighbors has, like, two young kids and they run around - loudly, so we call them horsefeet because that's what it sounds like - and we don't like it but it's to be expected and it doesn't happen often and to ask them to stop keep it under control is ridiculous so we deal with it. Even with your unit being empty for so long, she should have just dealt with it and ignored it. If it really bothered her, she should have gone up and knocked on your door and nicely asked you to not make so much noise instead of banging on her ceiling about it. Glad you guys have seemed to come to an understanding, though!

Suaria 38

I know the feeling of hearing everything with your neighbors. I live in a college dorm and the walls are very very thin so my roommate and I can hear everything that goes on next door. Let's just say the girl next door and her boyfriend like to get it on quite frequently.

theamazingd 17

We live in a townhouse, too, and we get our neighbor's stomping up and down the stairs all the time. But, it's mostly just during the day, so we haven't complained. I imagine we make a good bit of noise sometimes, too.

When I lived in a dorm in college, my neighbors on one side liked to have loud phone conversations out in the hall outside our door after midnight, and the neighbors on the other side insisted on vacuuming at 2 am.

If you're stomping around like a herd of elephants, like my neighbors do, then it's your issue. If not, tell her "have a coke and a smile and shut the f up."

Why is this thumbs downed so much? I love the Eddie Murphy reference!

Ugh I hated old apartments. She's probably not used to someone upstairs. It's the way it is when you buy a bottom unit. You'll be safe even with a 1 year old, as you can't stop someone from playing/moving during regular hours. If real noise (Other than walking) happens really late, she'll probably jump on that chance to get you.