By Anonymous - 03/10/2017 14:02 - Canada - Jansen

Today, I learned I have a slight allergy to wasps when I cut down a dead tree they made a home out of. Half my face now looks like I'm wearing a fat suit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 799
You deserved it 360

Add a comment

You must be logged in to be able to post comments!

Top comments

Wasps, the insects, aren’t really deterred by locks as they can get in any tiny crack or hole. Now, if you’re talking about White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, I’ll have to take exception to your racism, sir!

If it's the top half you can paint your head blue and go as Megamind this Halloween!

Comments

Zach Snyder’s reimagining of Harvey Dent sounds weird as hell.

If you're old enough to cut down a tree, you're old enough to know you're allergic to wasps.

Op here, first time in memory I've been stung, usually managed to avoid wasps

I'm old enough to cut down a tree, but I have no idea if I'm allergic to bees or wasps. I've never been stung, so I have no way to know unless I want to pay money I don't have for an allergy panel at a doctor's office.

I have evaded bee and wasps stings until earlier this year, when I got my first two from wasps. I'm 29 years old!

That would be a great Halloween costume. Maybe you’ll be lucky and the swelling will persist for a month. You’re gonna get such great candy!

Change the locks Mate, problem solved

Wrong post

Wasps, the insects, aren’t really deterred by locks as they can get in any tiny crack or hole. Now, if you’re talking about White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, I’ll have to take exception to your racism, sir!

Shame, a bit too early for Halloween.

If it's the top half you can paint your head blue and go as Megamind this Halloween!

How did you fail to notice them <I>before</I> you cut down the tree?

Tree was rotten inside, wasps made their home in the hollow.

That's not really a "minor" reaction- you need to get an Epi-Pen, and keep liquid and pill Benadryl with you. If money is a problem, there are programs that can get you Epi-Pens for as little as $5, depending on location. You REALLY need to get at least one prescription worth and keep it on you, because if your face swelled that much, you are very close to anaphylaxis, or at least having your tongue or throat swell to the point you can't breathe. Since you know you have that allergy, you should try to get an IGE allergy panel, too, because it means that you probably have other allergies.

azouwa 26

Just so you know... with allergies, every time you come in contact with them (bee sting) it only gets worse. Today it's a swollen face. Tomorrow it could be death. Get an eppy pen. Sorry OP.