This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By anonymous - 08/11/2017 21:58 - United States - Wayland

Today, I landed myself a date with a cute guy. Once I got to the location, after driving 20 minutes, he texted me and cancelled. Happy New Year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 013
You deserved it 698

Top comments

Am I the only person to notice that OP got the text just after arriving at the meeting place? That implied the person being met was there, but out of sight and when OP arrived then sent the text. Most likely reason - OP did not look much like the person she described herself as.

Why_me499 21

To me personally, driving 20 minutes isn't that bad. At least he cancelled instead of just standing you up. Still sucks though. Sorry OP

Comments

cootiequeen4444 11

Need more info. Did he give a reason? Did he reschedule? or was he like "nevermind, let's not do this go on a date thing"? I mean.. To have NYE plans cancelled sucks majorly (and he really should have said something A LOT sooner), but maybe he has a good reason? Or maybe he has anxiety? One year I made plans with a bunch of my friends but crapped out due to a sudden surge of overwhelming anxiety. IDK. The level of FML-itude depends on answers. If you have any?

Very vague FML. Pretty sure he had a good reason to cancel on such short notice. Hopefully you found other friends to hang out with for New Year's Eve.

Dodge4x4Ram 46
CrassKal 27

I know we're not supposed to criticize posts, but this honestly feels to me more like a "shit happens" rather than an FML.

Maybe it was your lucky day, you'll never know.

Why_me499 21

To me personally, driving 20 minutes isn't that bad. At least he cancelled instead of just standing you up. Still sucks though. Sorry OP

OP - Just one question. Do you look like your dating profile? It's possible that is the issue.

Am I the only person to notice that OP got the text just after arriving at the meeting place? That implied the person being met was there, but out of sight and when OP arrived then sent the text. Most likely reason - OP did not look much like the person she described herself as.

Kristoffer 35

Oh no, not 20 minutes! That's such a long drive! I drove 10 hours today.

Just because you're okay with long drives does not mean OPs complaint is invalid. You don't know the situation, he/she could have valid reasons for a 20 minute drive being a big deal.

At least he contacted you, even if it was last minute. I've sat at a bar several times recently because a guy never showed up or contacted me.