By Anonymous - 16/05/2016 04:48 - United States - Rocky Mount

Today, I had to sit through the wedding of my best friend and the love of my life, and pretend to be happy for them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 988
You deserved it 3 376

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My grandpa always used to say that true love is a two way street.. The love of your life is out there waiting for you to find them, OP! Stay strong :)

Chumanuma 8

Only thing you can do is move on, and just accept that she doesn't feel that same. There are so many girls looking for someone like you. Just look in the right places. :)

Comments

That's a terrible situation to be in. Being caught with the outcome of their wedding, you can at least take comfort in doing a very honorable thing and doing right by them. However, though I would never, ever say YDI, because no one deserves that pain, there is general lesson here: If you're caught in an attachment to an emotionally unavailable people, extricate yourself before it's too late. It may be wiser to cut ties beforehand to save oneself the eventual emotional anguish of watching their life go one while you're stuck hung up on them.

i love how people are saying stuff like "dont worry, there are others out their waiting for you!" yet we dont even know this person, its so nice to see strangers looking out for eachother!

Mathalamus 24

your loss for failing to realize that if you love them, you let them go. its so basic, everyone should know this.

You know, OP might already know that. but the process of letting go can be very painful and this page is also for this kind of events.

This is slightly heartbeaking, I couldn't even imagine. Just remember everything happens for a reason, and someone will come around

I realized a long time ago, that wasting your time on someone who doesn't want you as much as you want them is a great way to hurt yourself. You can fight for the person you want, but you shouldn't have to convince them to want you. Don't wallow, don't pine. Realize this person isn't the one for you, take some time to fall in love with yourself, and then, if you want to, find someone who is. I truly hope you have more than one love in your life. To have only one inevitably leads to heartbreak.

"If anyone objects to the union of these two individuals, speak now or forever hold your penis."

OP take comfort in the thought of finding happiness, stay strong..

Speaking from experience, you don't keep loving someone who doesn't feel the same way and you know it's not going anywhere. It's good to let go now so you can move on sooner than later. I've done this twice in my life and I wish at the time I knew better because I kept allowing myself to get hurt. I hope you feel better eventually. ☹️

My bf and I are going thru a little argument or tiff, we love each other but we end up getting on each other's nerves and he gets mad and leaves, it's starting to **** up our view on each other. I would like someone who could talk with me about this. Fb possibly

You couldn't at least be happy they were happy? Some friend you are.