By Northshore75 - 15/01/2015 22:24 - United States - Santa Ana

Today, I had lunch with my parents. I'm an Asian guy who married a Puerto Rican woman and we just had a boy. My dad looks at my son, then looks at me and says, "You ruined the bloodline." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 976
You deserved it 3 414

Northshore75 tells us more.

I'm the guy that submitted this FML. I didn't think this topic would gain so much traction but I don't feel so alone and I do appreciate reading your comments good or bad. Yes, my parents are "racist assholes". Both of them immigrated into the U.S. in their teens. Currently in their 60's/70s respectively, I cannot fathom why they continue to harbor such hate but here is the kicker. I'm not pure Chinese. I'm part Chinese and Japanese. The Japanese is from my mother's side. My father rants about how much he hates the Japanese. Further, my grandfather was a medic for the Army in WW2 so that adds more fuel to the fire. So how in the hell did he get around to marrying my mother? Of course my father has no answer for that. The racism is only scratching the surface. It's the Asian tiger parents sort of mentality of romanticizing and demanding perfection from their offspring. Check out Amy Chua's book if you don't believe me. All I can do is press on in life and not repeat the same mistakes my parents made because I don't want my own son labeling me "asshole".

Top comments

"Dad, if bloodline was so important to you, you shouldn't have left Asia to come in the country of the melting pot"

The joke's on him because Puerto Rican women are awesome.

Comments

I feel for you man. I'm a carrot and my wife is an onion and we get shit all the time. honestly I have no idea what im sayong, this is the last time I eat bath salts I swer. doge sandstorm?

Don't listen to him OP, my father is Asian and my mother is Mexican, I could not be happier, although it does get weird around the holidays.

Definitely not a good thing to hear at the lunch table

Should have defended The boarder a bit better in your days dad!! ;')

The sad truth is alitle puerto rican is probably good for the bloodline.

How does anything you just said make sense?

It's really awful of him to act that way. Congratulations on your son and hopefully you don't have to suffer any other bad reactions.

Well you may not have ruined it but you sure as heck changed thousands of years of lineage.

It's very rare that someone is pure anything. Most people have a dash of another race somewhere down the line, even if it's extremely distant.

Well the person above me is right hardly no one has a pure blood line I know I'm a mix with a lot of stuff but I'm not 100 percent anything

it's a shame your father thinks that way op fyl