By Anonymous - 05/02/2017 05:00 - United States - Fresno

Today, I got a badly-needed job at a local discount store. After being hired, I found out I'm to help with the soon-to-begin store closing sale, and I'll be jobless again after 3 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 917
You deserved it 457

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You have a job for 3 months, Use this time to keep up the job search.

shepardkinz 19

Wow, that's so dishonest of them not to tell you this in the interview!! Best of luck to you! I hope you can find a new job!!

Comments

You have a job for 3 months, Use this time to keep up the job search.

shepardkinz 19

Wow, that's so dishonest of them not to tell you this in the interview!! Best of luck to you! I hope you can find a new job!!

Atleast you know you'll have some form of income for the next 3 months.

chessu 21

This definitely sucks, but at least you now have three extra months to find something! When you've got some kind of an income coming in, you'll probably a bit less stressed and that might aid you in the hunt for the next job! Also, you'll have three months of experience you can add to your CV, which might help you with your search, so definitely a silver lining here to look at!

Start applying elsewhere right away. It's easier to get a job when you have a job.

Some studies show that after 6 months of unemployment your chances of being hired drops drastically, so while you have every right to be pissed at them for not disclosing that they are closing, it may help in the long run. Look into unemployment laws and see if you'll be eligible for unemployment after the mandatory wait time, and if so, get the paperwork for it done except for dates and have it ready to submit.

mariri9206 32

It's unfortunate but it's not all bad. You're gonna have three months of income. You can use these three months to look for another job. It's a job you can put on your resume (which is even better IF this is your first job because then you have some experience - even if it's minor - and that'll make it more likely to be hired again).

OP, I know it's a shame but you now have something extra to put on your CV! Retail work is a great thing to have on your CV as well, as it's a huge industry so you could be more likely to get a job in the long run. I hope it works out for you

One day at a time.. take it one day at a time....,

in my experience finding another job is actually easier if you already have a job verses not having a job. not sure why but it's been that way for me since I can remember. take the three months you have to continue looking for another job.