By BandAid1865 - 27/07/2015 03:51 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I found out why my girlfriend was so excited to get to see me. She finally got to end the relationship she didn't want anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 482
You deserved it 1 787

BandAid1865 tells us more.

BandAid1865 20

Hey OP here. To help clarify some things. To those that were confused, yes she broke up with me. Apparently she didn't want the relationship to begin with. Thanks everyone for the support, but please keep the comments clean. She might have broke my heart but that doesn't make her any less of a person.

Top comments

cat4651 15

Oh I'm sorry OP :/ At least she had the decency to do it in person.

And you're no longer in a relationship with someone who doesn't want to be with you, so ultimately, you both got some good out of it.

Comments

I'm really sorry, you'll find better.

I have an odd feeling that this is my girlfriend that I broke up with around the same time

Happened to me a few months ago. One of the worst feelings ever. I feel really bad for you! Just persevere through this tough time and you'll come out golden.

TallMist 32

Ooooor she's just happy to be getting out of a relationship that was making her unhappy? Is that really a bad thing?

Sounds like she got into the relationship because she didn't know how to turn OP down, or thought it would be kinder to date him then break up with him. Or maybe OP asked her out in public and she didn't want to embarrass him. She and OP are the only ones who know. Regardless of her reasons, at least she respected you enough to do it in person, and you found out now instead of six months down the line. Hope you feel better soon OP, and that next time she doesn't date someone she isn't truly interested in.

Be glad she did it in person. My GF of nearly 5 years texted me to tell me it was over.